Jump to content

Secret sets 2022


FloorFiller

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, jonnyisRFC said:

He wouldn’t be on the wind up at all, just telling me what he’s heard. 

wind up = anderson paak playing a non-existant slot

this post = wind up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

He wouldn’t be on the wind up at all, just telling me what he’s heard. 

So everything we've seen and heard so far are just red herrings?

Edited by leath02
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

After headlining Other in 2019, this was never going to happen.  I thought it was a pretty mediocre setlist then, but the backdrop/lightshow was still incredible.  They don't need all that kit for a DJ slot so will probably come cheaper and be a lot easier on the logistics.

Any names in mind?  I

Ignore sorry 

Edited by downtherabbithole
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think everyone knows this, but just want to reiterate that Wolf Alice (DJ) is the only one with actual info.  The other two are a guess because they're curating and Wolf Alice are too, so the assumption is that the other curators will play a slot too.  But we don't know that.

EDIT: and not a scooby whether if they did play, whether it would be live or DJ.  

Idles had on their website that they were playing Friday Saturday and Sunday. But has since been removed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s a very busy day today, it would take me forever to run through all the threads, can anyone who’s got it in their head and would only take a couple of minutes, post a quick update of where we are at , for info for the secret sets, I’ve heard strong rumour Chemical Brothers on Arcadia, George Ezra pretty nailed on any more , thanks in advance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

It’s a very busy day today, it would take me forever to run through all the threads, can anyone who’s got it in their head and would only take a couple of minutes, post a quick update of where we are at , for info for the secret sets, I’ve heard strong rumour Chemical Brothers on Arcadia, George Ezra pretty nailed on any more , thanks in advance

Best placed bets are currently - 

Park - Jack White

John Peel
 - George Ezra

Arcadia
 - Chemical Brothers (DJ)


Williams Green
 - Bastille

BBC Intro

Friday - Wolf Alice (DJ)

Saturday - SAULT / Paolo
Saturday - IDLES
Sunday - Arlo Parks

GreenPeace - ???

Rabbit Hole -
Take your pick of the transgressive artists for Friday
Paolo possible Saturday

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

It’s a very busy day today, it would take me forever to run through all the threads, can anyone who’s got it in their head and would only take a couple of minutes, post a quick update of where we are at , for info for the secret sets, I’ve heard strong rumour Chemical Brothers on Arcadia, George Ezra pretty nailed on any more , thanks in advance

Bastille WG, Jack White park sunday TBC. Chems and George both nailed on, not rumour anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

It’s a very busy day today, it would take me forever to run through all the threads, can anyone who’s got it in their head and would only take a couple of minutes, post a quick update of where we are at , for info for the secret sets, I’ve heard strong rumour Chemical Brothers on Arcadia, George Ezra pretty nailed on any more , thanks in advance

Chemical Brothers is nailed on as at this point they're basically promoting it themselves by posting glasto links. Someone who apparently works at John Peel put an insta story up with a sign that strongly hinted it was George Ezra. The story was taking down quickly after but there's a small chance it's a wind up or decoy... At least that's what people are hoping but seems unlikely. An audio engineer at the park said it's Jack White for that secret slot. Could also be a wind up though. Mumford or Bastille the strong rumour the Williams Green slot

Edited by downtherabbithole
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, leath02 said:

So everything we've seen and heard so far are just red herrings?

Not saying what he’s heard is right, I don’t even believe it (it’s too good to be true!) 

Just thought I’d post it on here for discussion! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

‘Hey George, can we put a hint out that you’re one of the secret sets to lower expectations and really piss everybody off so that when Arcade Fire walk on stage they’ll seem even better due to just how fucking bland you are?’

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

‘Hey George, can we put a hint out that you’re one of the secret sets to lower expectations and really piss everybody off so that when Arcade Fire walk on stage they’ll seem even better due to just how fucking bland you are?’

😅😅 Tbf he might have not had any discussion in it. Just the workers there decided to use his name as a red herring. I mean, the guy played the last two festivals already... It's such a huge kop out and so unambitious from Glasto that I'll refuse to believe it until he walks out on stage

Edited by downtherabbithole
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, downtherabbithole said:

😅😅 Tbf he might have not had any discussion in it. Just the workers there decided to use his name as a red herring. I mean, the guy played the last two festivals already... It's such a huge kop out

He’s a huge act and a friend of the festival with a new album out. I couldn’t think of anything worse than being in that tent myself, but there are only so many acts who’d actually agree to these kinds of secret sets, so in reality, the likes of Green Day was a bit of a dream what with them having zero connection to the festival at all. Maybe we’ve come to the conclusion of the festival getting truly surprising or exciting secret sets, as most of those willing to do it have already done it, or maybe there just wasn’t realistically anybody wanting to do it this year. We were never gonna get stadium level acts year on year - we don’t even get that for the actual headliners. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

From someone onsite now…

 

Those Sunday Glasto tbc’s are Anderson Paak (west holts) and Arcade Fire (john peel). Harry Styles playing with Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa playing with Megan The Stallion, Chemical Brothers on Arcadia (Friday night) and Green Day playing somewhere small.

Anderson Paak - Would make sense for him to be on the 'first reserve' list for West Holts in case of last minute dropouts etc. Jack White looks likely for park at this point, but imo this is the least nailed on out of the big TBAs.

Arcade Fire - Makes no sense for them to tease George Ezra and then have it be Arcade Fire, would just annoy everyone. Very likely that it's Ezra at this point, but if it isn't I think we will get some extra leaked info prior to Sunday.

Harry Styles playing with Billie Eilish - Seems like a decent chance of this

Dua Lipa playing with Megan Thee Stallion - Could definitely see this happening + an appearance with Calvin at Arcadia before another all nighter at the Downlow 😀

Chemical Brothers - Yep

Green Day playing somewhere small - Longshot chance of Strummerville

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

After headlining Other in 2019, this was never going to happen.  I thought it was a pretty mediocre setlist then, but the backdrop/lightshow was still incredible.  They don't need all that kit for a DJ slot so will probably come cheaper and be a lot easier on the logistics.

Any names in mind?  

Any Artist on the up for starters. Harry styles being a massive one. Green day rumours even though not on the up having never played the festival and still doing stadium tours would of been a good slot, exact same with the arctic monkeys rumour.

1975 about to release new music, were touted to headline before COVID, could of been a good refamiliarization before they get the top slot.

 

Jack white on the other hand wont be headlining any time soon. wont be popular with younger demographics. seems abit stagnant for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dazmandingo96 said:

Any Artist on the up for starters. Harry styles being a massive one. Green day rumours even though not on the up having never played the festival and still doing stadium tours would of been a good slot, exact same with the arctic monkeys rumour.

1975 about to release new music, were touted to headline before COVID, could of been a good refamiliarization before they get the top slot.

 

Jack white on the other hand wont be headlining any time soon. wont be popular with younger demographics. seems abit stagnant for me.

Yes it would’ve been great if the festival had convinced some stadium sized acts to play some piddly little stages, but unfortunately that barely ever actually happens. The likes of The Killers and Radiohead doing it in recent years have given people false ideas of just how big these TBAs are, when in actuality it’s rarely ever headliner sized acts and is more in line with Pyramid subs, which both George Ezra and Jack White are/have been.

They also rarely ever go on to play the following year either - just The Killers, who weren’t even first or second choice apparently - so The 1975 doing it would’ve more likely ruled them out of headlining than cement them as one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know it conflicts with actual info, but I can't see how Wolf Alice just dj'ing fits with the bbc intro stage.

Whole point is showcasing new music/bigger acts coming back to it giving the beeb some clips for the radio/youtube/iplayer.

If its not wolf alice in some capacity, i'd imagine someone like Wet Leg would fit the bill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Purple aki squat said:

Fuck sake 

George Ezra?

Dreadful isn't it. I don't care that he's a big act. He's played the last two fests. It's very poor and lazy. I feel like I'm going to waste so much time wandering about secret sets this year to be massively underwhelmed.

When do more solid rumours start forming? I'm sure we're normally nailed on by this point and can't imagine me getting any signal on site for secret glasto tweets 😞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...