Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

12 hours ago, gfa said:

I did IDLES at introducing and George Ezra in JP. Plenty of room at both, decent sets too. Would have done chems too 😢

Can't wait to eventually see a fuck off secret set ala killers / pulp!

Room at George Ezra? Thought it was a sardine-packing plant-type of show.

4 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Room at George Ezra? Thought it was a sardine-packing plant-type of show.

Was in the tent on the far side and had plenty of room about half way back. everyone just crams into JP on the near side but on the other side its very spacious and we even managed to find the rest of our group!

Edited by gfa

Just now, gfa said:

Was in the tent on the far side and had plenty of room about half way back

We camped the other side of John Peel this year, and was amazed how easy it was to get near the front from the entrance that side of the tent. Got almost to the barrier for both Primal Scream and Little Dragon coming in from the north side

What happened with Paolo Nutini? I was eagerly following the updates on him but never heard a sniff! Was gutted to see it turned out he did perform at the rabbit hole but I never saw any hints to that? Was it kept totally under wraps?

Thankfully got tickets for his Ally Pally show as a contingency! 

Although I was 100% sure my Jack White info was solid, from the sound engineer mate who was on Park - I have to admit I am very relieved 🙂 

I do regret not popping up to see him, but I left Diana Ross for Amyl and the Sniffers (v v good choice) and it took me a solid 20 mins to get out of the crowd and I genuinely didn't have it in me. 

1 minute ago, rottencrotch said:

Although I was 100% sure my Jack White info was solid, from the sound engineer mate who was on Park - I have to admit I am very relieved 🙂 

I do regret not popping up to see him, but I left Diana Ross for Amyl and the Sniffers (v v good choice) and it took me a solid 20 mins to get out of the crowd and I genuinely didn't have it in me. 

after my attempt to watch Wet Leg on the Friday I wasn't going anywhere near it

59 minutes ago, Ell99 said:

What happened with Paolo Nutini? I was eagerly following the updates on him but never heard a sniff! Was gutted to see it turned out he did perform at the rabbit hole but I never saw any hints to that? Was it kept totally under wraps?

Someone posted he was playing the rabbit hole a long time ago.

There was also more solid sources saying he was playing on Saturday (efestivals had him as tba) and someone else had info he was playing in a tent, so there was a limited number of possibilities 

3 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Overheard as late as midday Sunday, “Well it’s definitely Harry or Green Day”

I think it was funny whenever I talked to somebody that they perked up cause I was american and talking about that stuff. "The american has the answers! Why else would they be at this fest!". Although it felt to me that a lot of people really do not listen to any new music or dig around the lineup at all. They would rather just have Harry or Green Day pop up so they had a story to tell afterwards.

58 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I think it was funny whenever I talked to somebody that they perked up cause I was american and talking about that stuff. "The american has the answers! Why else would they be at this fest!". Although it felt to me that a lot of people really do not listen to any new music or dig around the lineup at all. They would rather just have Harry or Green Day pop up so they had a story to tell afterwards.

I'll try to randomly talk about Daft Punk in French next year 😈

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

The Green Day rumours felt really strange. It's not like they have a history with the festival, is it?

They did one at Reading before which is Melvin Benn - shows they are open to the idea too. Was never happening it would have made like 5 shows in a row 😂

On 7/4/2022 at 4:23 PM, Ell99 said:

We did get info on it, and i was going to tweet it out under @SecretGlasto closer to the gig time, but due to the size of the act, and the size of the Rabbit Hole, we were asked not to tweet it out, which we had to respect.

1 minute ago, Festival Liam said:

Were there two Williams Green secret sets this year? Bastille and? 

There were originally two listed on the lineup, and I believe somebody had info that that the second was supposed to be Wolf Alice, who then bailed on it and so Metronomy were brought in, who then also bailed and so they just ended up having the one instead. 

18 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

There were originally two listed on the lineup, and I believe somebody had info that that the second was supposed to be Wolf Alice, who then bailed on it and so Metronomy were brought in, who then also bailed and so they just ended up having the one instead. 

Is there a chance that they couldn't actually get close enough to WG to play the gig?  Presumably security could have gotten them through though...

8 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Is there a chance that they couldn't actually get close enough to WG to play the gig?  Presumably security could have gotten them through though...

No, it went down to one slot a week or two before the festival. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

No, it went down to one slot a week or two before the festival. 

Bit of a dumb suggestion anyway.  I'm sure it'd be happening all the time otherwise, not being able to play your own gig because you're too popular