Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

19 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Best set I've seen all weekend. Only here waiting for Charli and I thought they were brilliant... Shame they didn't play the one song I knew, but I got kicked in the head by the singer which was cool 🤣

Agreed, it was amazing, enjoy Charli, im off to see Kendrick 

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Tell you what, the secret finding and replying to Twitter DMs this year was by far the hardest of any of the festivals since I started getting involved in 2015.

Also, fuck Sports Team really very hard.

Great job from you and the team as always! 

36 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Ooh.....spill the beans pls

They posted a screenshot of a load of bollocks on social media, which *checks notes* none of which happened, yet we got 20 DMs a day asking about.

Keeping those DMs open for tips helps, but was flooded this year by their disinformation.

Screenshot_20220628-152510_Instagram.jpg

Edit: and we'd already seen this job lot of rumours before they posted and had decided it was a load of shite.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfJXyXfjZWV/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edited by stuartbert two hats

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I really thought it was going to be a shitshow going into it. The main credit goes to the man who picked up all the secrets during the festival and sent the tweets out - @mr flow

Thanks Stu. I have to say, when I can't be on the farm, helping people out with SecretGlasto certainly helps to ease the pain of not being there. That being said, after missing 3 festivals on the trot, I'm going to be there next year by hook or by crook! So hopefully it will be me sending pictures of line ups on a blackboard from around the festival, for someone else to decipher and tweet out 😁

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

They posted a screenshot of a load of bollocks on social media, which *checks notes* none of which happened, yet we got 20 DMs a day asking about.

Keeping those DMs open for tips helps, but was flooded this year by their disinformation.

Screenshot_20220628-152510_Instagram.jpg

Edit: and we'd already seen this job lot of rumours before they posted and had decided it was a load of shite.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfJXyXfjZWV/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

This. The problem with this as well, was as one artist was ruled out, it went on to the next one, so Harry Styles dominated the DM's until Saturday, and then Green Day after that.

42 minutes ago, mr flow said:

This. The problem with this as well, was as one artist was ruled out, it went on to the next one, so Harry Styles dominated the DM's until Saturday, and then Green Day after that.

In hindsight we should have tweeted out the image saying it was all nonsense. Not that it would have stopped anyone!

And the many, many requests for how to get into the Rabbit Hole! 😤

• Like 1

On 6/21/2022 at 6:22 PM, FloorFiller said:

The Killers happening in ‘17 has caused so many people to be under the assumption that all the TBAs (especially any on the five big stages) are gonna be stadium/headliner sized acts when in fact that’s hardly ever the case and they’re usually a couple of rungs below that/Pyramid subs at best. Suppose it doesn’t help when we’re having random people come on here and saying Arctic Monkeys are doing the Park months in advance which then spreads like wildfire as fact rather than as the probable bollocks it is. 

Since Radiohead & Pulp did The Park in 2011 everyone always has it that they’re gonna be massive, Killers doing it only adds to it

I rolled my eyes everytime somebody mentioned green day, it was so tiring during any chat at the fest. Although it was a nice feeling Sunday morning to just tell anyone Jack White was the 6pm and there was no denying it. Plenty of surprised faces with that one. And you could tell there were plenty who never try to go in depth on whats happening vs the top rumors. 

Pretty happy attending the 2 secret sets I did this year. Both easy to have a good spot for and escaped the crush of another.

I did IDLES at introducing and George Ezra in JP. Plenty of room at both, decent sets too. Would have done chems too 😢

Can't wait to eventually see a fuck off secret set ala killers / pulp!