Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Maybe the effect was spoiled as they were so widely rumoured, but the Chemical Brothers on the Spider is a hella exciting booking.

There's a lot of debate in our group as to whether people will do Four Tet or The Chems. Horrible clash. 

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Maybe the effect was spoiled as they were so widely rumoured, but the Chemical Brothers on the Spider is a hella exciting booking.

Yeah that’s quite awesome actually. I just assumed *all* secret sets would be at that sort of calibre. 

George Ezra doesn’t feel like quite the secret. 

Just now, kugglaw said:

Yeah that’s quite awesome actually. I just assumed *all* secret sets would be at that sort of calibre. 

Secret sets get hyped up mostly due to the fact of their secrecy. 9 times out of 10 something already announced on the line up is a much better use of time.  Even the Chems DJ set clashes with (imho) more interesting things elsewhere.

27 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Does anyone know what sort of set Four Tet would play under the alias KH? Similar to his DJ sets or totally different?

Have you heard the few tracks released under KH? Catchy as fuck. Might give a clue.

4 hours ago, alfc7 said:

Imjustbait (an instagram account heavily involved in the uk music scene with 4.7 million followers) just posted he’s heard drake will be at Glastonbury. What we thinking, Kendrick special guest?

0% chance. They're not on great terms anyway, so why would Drake be a "special guest" for Kendrick? On his album he even says he was confused when Kanye got back with Drake.

Kendrick will 99% have Baby Keem pop up (two songs, Kendrick's cousin, and Kendrick signed him to his label so obviously wants to boost him), and beyond Keem I would say no one else. The other poster mentioned Beth or Sampha (which wouldn't shock me) but don't seem likely.

I don't see Drake popping up with Megan, and also I think he's long finished vulturing off the grime scene for attention so can't see that working.

[spoiler]My dream scenario is he brings out ScHoolboy, Ab-Soul and Jay Rock and does a couple of black hippy posse cuts and their cross feature songs, as the big farewell to TDE. But that's is a 0%er.[/spoiler]

3 minutes ago, kugglaw said:

Here's the thing. Over the years there have been loads of different flavours of "secret set" some are widely reported because they are a big act lots just fly under the radar because they are just a "normal" act that for some reason wasn't on the poster or lineup. 

For every Killers on john peel there will be a kooks on john peel. 

No one gets glasto tickets for the secret sets,  it's just a bonus if there is someone there who you want to see.

I think expectations are way out of kilter with what can reasonably be expected. 

The Killers happening in ‘17 has caused so many people to be under the assumption that all the TBAs (especially any on the five big stages) are gonna be stadium/headliner sized acts when in fact that’s hardly ever the case and they’re usually a couple of rungs below that/Pyramid subs at best. Suppose it doesn’t help when we’re having random people come on here and saying Arctic Monkeys are doing the Park months in advance which then spreads like wildfire as fact rather than as the probable bollocks it is. 

• Like 1