Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, jonnyisRFC said:

From someone onsite now…

Those Sunday Glasto tbc’s are Anderson Paak (west holts) and Arcade Fire (john peel). Harry Styles playing with Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa playing with Megan The Stallion, Chemical Brothers on Arcadia (Friday night) and Green Day playing somewhere small.

So someone on-site now has *just* said this yet I get this exact WhatsApp over a week ago 😅

C867C254-27E0-4564-A14A-371817480CFA.jpeg

2 hours ago, leath02 said:

Best placed bets are currently - 

Park - Jack White

John Peel
 - George Ezra

Arcadia
 - Chemical Brothers (DJ)

Williams Green
 - Bastille

BBC Intro

Friday - Wolf Alice (DJ)

Saturday - SAULT / Paolo
Saturday - IDLES
Sunday - Arlo Parks

GreenPeace - ???

Rabbit Hole -
Take your pick of the transgressive artists for Friday
Paolo possible Saturday

Surely George Ezra isn't very JP? Maybe him and Jack White could be on reverse stages, or do the dates not add up?

1 minute ago, Glastov2 said:

Surely George Ezra isn't very JP? Maybe him and Jack White could be on reverse stages, or do the dates not add up?

The george ezra info came from the signwritting team via insta. It would seem cruel (not to mention a waste of their time on the weekend before the festival) for them to make signs deliberately misleading people

2 minutes ago, Glastov2 said:

Don't worry, we're all as disappointed as you too

One of the sign painters, posted a pic of this sign on her socials

image.png.4d20cac8f5b9c1e09caaecc88b7eb21a.png

6 minutes ago, Glastov2 said:

First time George Ezra played Glastonbury it was an early Sunday slot on JP, not long after Budapest went large so he got a decent crowd for that time slot.

Edited by tazbang

53 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Dreadful isn't it. I don't care that he's a big act. He's played the last two fests. It's very poor and lazy. I feel like I'm going to waste so much time wandering about secret sets this year to be massively underwhelmed.

When do more solid rumours start forming? I'm sure we're normally nailed on by this point and can't imagine me getting any signal on site for secret glasto tweets 😞

George Ezra is more than a solid rumour - he’s basically confirmed

Jack White on the Park seems pretty nailed on too, as does Bastille WG Thursday.

Do you usually spend the entire weekend wandering from TBA to TBA hoping it’ll be somebody massive?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, tazbang said:

First time George Ezra played Glastonbury it was an early Sunday slot on JP, not long after Budapest went large so he got a decent crowd for that time slot.

Yep I wasn’t there but iirc it was packed to the rafters. Him ‘not being very JP’ is just nonsense talk. 

2 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

How secret was the Foals park stage slot in 2019? Was rammed when we were there. Was it common knowledge before festival started? 

It was heavily rumoured for months before the festival and then basically common knowledge come the festival, and confirmed (or at least heavily hinted at) by the band on social media the morning of.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

How secret was the Foals park stage slot in 2019? Was rammed when we were there. Was it common knowledge before festival started? 

Yeah, more or less.

I definitely saw some tweets after I'd arrived on site which left very little room for interpretation

3 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

I couldn't get into the park over 30 minutes before they started. Was fuming

1 hour ago, D-Low said:

When do more solid rumours start forming? I'm sure we're normally nailed on by this point and can't imagine me getting any signal on site for secret glasto tweets 😞

Set up their text alerts maybe?

https://zapier.com/apps/sms/integrations/twitter/16655/send-sms-notifications-with-new-secretglasto-tweets

Edited by clarkete

I'm not really a fan of how secret sets have almost become an expectation and kind of doing it for the sake of doing it, which Ezra and Bastille feel like that.

I'd rather they list someone that can do that spot in the first place, there are so many acts around atm

then save an secret sets for anything special, e.g. pulp/radiohead/killers 

14 minutes ago, 14er said:

I couldn't get into the park over 30 minutes before they started. Was fuming

I rocked up just before they started.  Was so rammed i couldn't get a view of the stage, so headed to the big hill on the side where the big Glastonbury sign is as noticed that was relatively empty.  Turns out you can't hear the Park Stage at all from there. 

Taking my sister this year, and she's utterly clueless... she text me over the weekend:

'I think Fleetwood Mac are going to show up, but I think it's rumours'

I replied, nice joke!

she didn't understand, and said it's rumours that she read online somewhere

Proper partridge stuff that

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, VanderlyleTea said:

According to now at least 2 people I know that are working on site this week:

Paul McCartney will bring on Harry Styles and Elton John, possibly others.

Secret Sets are more uncertain (secret) but Paolo Nutini has apparently been floating around.

Harry Styles has a show that night so most certainly bollocks.

Edit: wait, maybe not? Always thought he was booked up all weekend other than Friday but seems that may not be the case according to his tour dates.

Edited by FloorFiller