Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

5 minutes ago, WannabeGlastoVet said:

I guess I just couldn’t imagine him not playing a main stage! 

I guess the BBC Introducing one could be a bit of a tongue in cheek reference at the fact he’s been away from music for nearly a decade… 

I’ve never actually been to The Rabbit Hole because of the whole impossible to get in thing, or is that just for the secret celebrity bit? Is there a normal tent there too?

There’s a normal tent too

3 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

There’s a normal tent too

That’s good to know thanks!! Although I think it would be strange putting him on at the same time as Leon Bridges, I imagine there’s a lot of fan overlap there 

For me that would also mean a three way clash with Olivia Rodrigo 😂

5 minutes ago, WannabeGlastoVet said:

That’s good to know thanks!! Although I think it would be strange putting him on at the same time as Leon Bridges, I imagine there’s a lot of fan overlap there 

For me that would also mean a three way clash with Olivia Rodrigo 😂

Yeah the secret part is called Funkingham Palace and you get to it via the rabbit hole stage. 

So the late BBC introducing slot is likely the band that is curating that day (idles or arlo parks that day I think). So it would probably be the early slot if it was BBC introducing.

but most people here seem to think he will be the rabbit hole TBA which clashes with Paul McCartney. So although it’s a small tent there won’t be to much fear of overcrowding 

44 minutes ago, Furq said:

The ABBA Arena has a five-year licence, so it's likely to run well beyond 2023 if sales remain high.

Anyway, the bespoke, octagon venue was built for a reason - to facilitate wrap-around side screens.

If the crowd was too far from the centre, the visual effects wouldn't work, so it's not something which can be put on any stage.

I saw this a few weeks ago and it was brilliant. Like being in Tron. The lighting and effects make it.

Bastille and Ezra are perfect secret sets for me; big acts playing in small slots so the festival gets credit, but nothing I'm interested in so I don't have to worry about being there 😃

Hopefully we get confirmation of the Park one soon. Jack White would certainly be tempting - I think I'm ready to give him another go after his underwhelming sub slot years ago - but more than happy for it to be another act I don't care for. 

11 minutes ago, Dazmandingo96 said:

What’s the jack white evidence? I think that is very underwhelming if true 

What type of stage setup does Jack White have that means they need a 45 minute gap rather than the usual 30 for other secret sets? That is the one thing that is a little odd really!

33 minutes ago, Ashl said:

What type of stage setup does Jack White have that means they need a 45 minute gap rather than the usual 30 for other secret sets? That is the one thing that is a little odd really!

They need an extra 15 mins to confiscate everybody's phones

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

If it is Jack White at the Park on Sunday, I’d love that.

How strong is the rumour/source?

Somebody saying they’ve spoken to a Park sound tech and they’ve been told it’s Jack White, along with us having info on him being at the festival before we even got the lineup from a couple of posters on here, + his London date on the Monday. At this point I’d be surprised if it wasn’t him. 

3 hours ago, Ashl said:

We all think its Jack White at the moment.. although I think I'm correct our evidence is one poster who knows a sound engineer at the Park? Anything else appeared yet?

It's not just that, but nothing mentioned on this thread.

#sworntosecrecy

Edited by stuartbert two hats
  • Thanks 1