Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

43 minutes ago, Furq said:

With The Music's Robert Harvey doing some very heavy lifting as 'backing' signer.

Works though, for sure.

And they just brought on Peter Crouch to dance about like an idiot at the end. Would be good to see a guest appearance from him at glasto! 

57 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

But far, far fewer of the smaller ones that are normally out. On that front we've got *checks notes* a Wolf Alice DJ set and *checks notes again*...*checks notes some more* err, that's it!

time to do the confimed thread with the 3 'biggies'?

13 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Could McCartney bring on Elton John? Rumours a while ago he’d be appearing and had hired a house nearby but can’t see where else he’d fit in. Think was probably pure speculation but who knows at this point. 

Also what about the Greenpeace TBA? Don’t think I’ve seen much on that but it’s Sat 20:45 so has potential to be someone big (ish)?

Hopefully not. 

Bastille a lock for WG thursday? Jack White park too wow! we've got the 4 biggest secret sets now then most likely after having just 1 about 6 hours ago.

Edited by gfa

Just now, august1 said:

Would Abba hologram be possible in theory?

abba hologram in the chems arcadia gap 😂

edit - yes, but they would need to duplicate the entire london setup for only one show (as it runs every weekend), so no until its stopped i guess. it ends may next year so sounds feasible for 2023.

Edited by gfa

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

edit - yes, but they would need to duplicate the entire london setup for only one show (as it runs every weekend), so no until its stopped i guess. it ends may next year so sounds feasible for 2023.

would need to be dark as well?

1 hour ago, waterfalls21234 said:

Utter trash if those rumours are true? ezra and bastille? way to push the boat out and get someone `exciting` glasto....why not invite toploader along while your bigging up the the bland inoffensive radio tune acts.

I liked the green day rumour that would have been a proper good suprise.

I have never seen any act more miserable personality wise than Toploader (co-headlining?) with the Hoosiers in Basingstoke! Musically they were okay but the guy definitely didn't want to be there!

1 minute ago, PollyPeach said:

My friend who works in music said arcade fire for Sunday park… no idea if that is correct 

We all think its Jack White at the moment.. although I think I'm correct our evidence is one poster who knows a sound engineer at the Park? Anything else appeared yet?

6 minutes ago, Ashl said:

I have never seen any act more miserable personality wise than Toploader (co-headlining?) with the Hoosiers in Basingstoke! Musically they were okay but the guy definitely didn't want to be there!

I call it lift music....it's the sort of stuff you'd hear playing in the background in a supermarket....easy listening boring rubbish, toploader, Mumford, Coldplay etc etc ...you just want them to actually show some passion or bite in their music just once....you just know it's the sort of stuff Jamie Oliver listens to 🤣🤣

Edited by waterfalls21234

4 minutes ago, waterfalls21234 said:

I call it lift music....it's the sort of stuff you'd hear playing in the background in a supermarket....easy listening boring rubbish, toploader, Mumford, Coldplay etc etc ...you just want them to actually show some passion or bite in their music just once....you just know it's the sort of stuff Jamie Oliver listens to 🤣🤣

This also describes Green Day

4 minutes ago, WannabeGlastoVet said:

What’s happened to the Paolo Nutini set that’s down as TBC? 

Sorry if I’ve missed it but if JP is George Ezra surely that means he has to be The Park Sunday slot?

Paolo is supposedly playing “Saturday and in a tent”

So bets are either on the early BBC Intro slot, or in The Rabbit Hole that evening 

40 minutes ago, PollyPeach said:

My friend who works in music said arcade fire for Sunday park… no idea if that is correct 

Their guitarist has a U.S. solo tour over Glastonbury so it’s definitely not them. We’ve had multiple people say it’s gonna be Jack White at this point so I’d be surprised if that wasn’t the case.

4 minutes ago, WannabeGlastoVet said:

What’s happened to the Paolo Nutini set that’s down as TBC? 

Sorry if I’ve missed it but if JP is George Ezra surely that means he has to be The Park Sunday slot?

There are other TBAs on the lineup other than those big two on the Park and JP so there’s still a chance he could be one of those. Both Neil and some other posters have said they’ve heard he’s there (probably on Saturday) so still fairly likely imo. 

7 minutes ago, leath02 said:

Paolo is supposedly playing “Saturday and in a tent”

So bets are either on the early BBC Intro slot, or in The Rabbit Hole that evening 

I guess I just couldn’t imagine him not playing a main stage! 

I guess the BBC Introducing one could be a bit of a tongue in cheek reference at the fact he’s been away from music for nearly a decade… 

I’ve never actually been to The Rabbit Hole because of the whole impossible to get in thing, or is that just for the secret celebrity bit? Is there a normal tent there too?

8 hours ago, gfa said:

The ABBA Arena has a five-year licence, so it's likely to run well beyond 2023 if sales remain high.

Anyway, the bespoke, octagon venue was built for a reason - to facilitate wrap-around side screens.

If the crowd was too far from the centre, the visual effects wouldn't work, so it's not something which can be put on any stage.