Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, TheGChild said:

With all the ridiculously wild suggestions being thrown around (Eminem, Rhianna, etc) got me thinking... when has someone 'big' ever actually gone out of their way to make the trip to the farm to guest on a song?

Obviously we've had friends of the festival (looking at you Chris!) and acts already playing, turn up for other sets (eg: The Boss with Gaslight Anthem) but from memory, i cant think of a big surprise act thats popped up as a guest.

And cue the wave of instances to prove me wrong...

Nick Cave with Kylie….

23 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So the 2008 and 2021 special guests are the same bloke. Doesn't really suggest over-ambiition.

Jack White was special guest in the dead weather's in 2009 on the park aswell, along with klaxons and NERD. All have much more wow factor than ezra, who's at glasto every yea anyway.

1 minute ago, gfa said:

This has got to be one of the worst years for secret set confidentiality in a while - chems long leaked and now this a good few days out!

We’ve gone from having nothing on these two big TBAs to knowing who they both are in the matter of 24 hours tbf. 

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

This has got to be one of the worst years for secret set confidentiality in a while - chems long leaked and now this a good few days out!

But far, far fewer of the smaller ones that are normally out. On that front we've got *checks notes* a Wolf Alice DJ set and *checks notes again*...*checks notes some more* err, that's it!

2 minutes ago, EFC1996 said:

If paolo doesn’t do a secret set I riot 

We’ve had info from a few places that it’s happening - just not sure where or when. Saturday still seems to be the recurring day coming up so take your pick of all the smaller stage TBAs. 

Supremely disappointed with Bastille and George Ezra. It’s fine, they have strong followers and I’m happy for fans of them, just frees up my schedule a bit.

Don’t like Bastille at all. Have no strong feelings on Ezra; he’s fine and inoffensive. If I was sat at pyramid and he was sandwiched between two must see’s I’d sit and watch him, would not go out of my way to watch him.

It’s all on The Park now to deliver a critically acclaimed / cult / musico act now in their TBA. I’d happily take The Smile and it is something they would do.

What are the most credible rumours for The Park currently? (Arcade Fire, Green Day, LCD, and others are slim to zero %ers now)

Side note on special guests: Billie will bring out Harry - book it. Paul and Kendrick may or may not bring out anyone. Paul will definitely do the Lennon duet, and he has infinite reach in the industry so wouldn’t rule out any surprises (his birthday, festival anniversary etc.). Kendrick is most likely to have no guests (but if he brought out ScHoolboy or Jay Rock or something I would lose my shit).

38 minutes ago, Jamm said:

Supremely disappointed with Bastille and George Ezra. It’s fine, they have strong followers and I’m happy for fans of them, just frees up my schedule a bit.

Don’t like Bastille at all. Have no strong feelings on Ezra; he’s fine and inoffensive. If I was sat at pyramid and he was sandwiched between two must see’s I’d sit and watch him, would not go out of my way to watch him.

It’s all on The Park now to deliver a critically acclaimed / cult / musico act now in their TBA. I’d happily take The Smile and it is something they would do.

What are the most credible rumours for The Park currently? (Arcade Fire, Green Day, LCD, and others are slim to zero %ers now)

Side note on special guests: Billie will bring out Harry - book it. Paul and Kendrick may or may not bring out anyone. Paul will definitely do the Lennon duet, and he has infinite reach in the industry so wouldn’t rule out any surprises (his birthday, festival anniversary etc.). Kendrick is most likely to have no guests (but if he brought out ScHoolboy or Jay Rock or something I would lose my shit).

Park is Jack White 

44 minutes ago, Jamm said:

Could McCartney bring on Elton John? Rumours a while ago he’d be appearing and had hired a house nearby but can’t see where else he’d fit in. Think was probably pure speculation but who knows at this point. 

Also what about the Greenpeace TBA? Don’t think I’ve seen much on that but it’s Sat 20:45 so has potential to be someone big (ish)?

Edited by CantWaitForGlasto22