Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Lol. I think Ezra is popular but to say he’s a bigger draw to 20-30’s than Billie, Sam, Olivia, Kendrick etc is mad.

aha that is definitely mad! I was talking about Kendrick. Not only is he the only person everyone in our group of 20 is going to see, but after speaking to other people I know, he's also the number 1 must-see of their group. I think a few people on here will be surprised how busy his set will be

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, downtherabbithole said:

aha that is definitely mad! I was talking about Kendrick. Not only is he the only person everyone in our group of 20 is going to see, but after speaking to other people I know, he's also the number 1 must-see of their group. I think a few people on here will be surprised how busy his set will be

See above - my error

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, TheGChild said:

With all the ridiculously wild suggestions being thrown around (Eminem, Rhianna, etc) got me thinking... when has someone 'big' ever actually gone out of their way to make the trip to the farm to guest on a song?

Obviously we've had friends of the festival (looking at you Chris!) and acts already playing, turn up for other sets (eg: The Boss with Gaslight Anthem) but from memory, i cant think of a big surprise act thats popped up as a guest.

And cue the wave of instances to prove me wrong...

Do half the acts in the Gorillaz set count?

45 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

also I think Harry Styles coming out as a guest with Billie is quite likely. They're friends, he's attended the festival before, he'll be headlining the festival next year, and he's in the country. If there was a place to bet for these things, I'd stick a tenner on it actually

And she usually bring out some guests. At Coachella she had Damon Albarn doing some Gorillaz stuff one weekend and Hayley Williams doing a Paramore song the other weekend. Harry Styles would make sense.

1 minute ago, Nessipessi said:

And she usually bring out some guests. At Coachella she had Damon Albarn doing some Gorillaz stuff one weekend and Hayley Williams doing a Paramore song the other weekend. Harry Styles would make sense.

Wonder if she could rope Kate Bush in for running down the hill to celebrate it getting number 1

13 minutes ago, izzlekicks said:

insta story from the sign painters saying “Gold Rush Kid John Peel stage 2pm” & Matt Edmonson let it slip on BBC radio 1 yesterday.

I think Stu knows that, as I’m guessing it was him who made the tweet. 🙂

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, august1 said:

its getting a bit muted response on twitter from what I can see, its more than this forum bubble

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I’m a few pages behind: 

I think they shot themselves in the foot a bit having such massive TBAs recently. Everyone is expecting someone huge 

I’m sure my first year (08)I went to a TBA and it was Cerys matthews and I was thrilled 😆 

1 hour ago, august1 said:

its getting a bit muted response on twitter from what I can see, its more than this forum bubble

Eh, it’s still a massive booking, will be absolutely rammed and people will love it. Sure it’s not the stadium sized headliner that The Killers have lead us all to believe we’ll be getting every year and I’m sure people will be vocal about their disappointment for the next few days that they were promised Arctic Monkeys but got Ezra instead, but the day of the show that tent will be popping and everybody going will leave very happy, and the rest of us will be very happy elsewhere.

Also I’m continuing to be on the ‘Harry comes out with Billie’ train - always made far more sense than him doing a solo show of his own and links with her Coachella guest appearances well. Them two doing a version of What Makes You Beautiful - you heard it here first. 

21 minutes ago, GeezLouise said:

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I’m a few pages behind: 

I think they shot themselves in the foot a bit having such massive TBAs recently. Everyone is expecting someone huge 

I’m sure my first year (08)I went to a TBA and it was Cerys matthews and I was thrilled 😆 

My first year was 2008. The special guests on the park were Franz ferdinand and last shadow puppets with Jack white

3 minutes ago, 14er said:

My first year was 2008. The special guests on the park were Franz ferdinand and last shadow puppets with Jack white

Lol, colour me completely incorrect then. Tbf, it was my first time and I was so overwhelmed I probably missed all the big acts while lost in theatre and circus