Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

Just now, K2SO said:

Could he? Maybe. He's got a fair amount of hits. Would he? Probably not, purely because it's not what the festival is about.

Would Bad Bunny headline Glastonbury? Probably not. Is Bad Bunny one of the most popular artists on planet earth right now? Massively.

I'm not debating whether or not Kendrick should be headlining the festival, but more the validity to the claim that he's the festival's biggest get for ages.

So in response to me pointing out that your comparisons are bizarre, you pull out a worse one? Cool.

And no, Snoop absolutely could not headline...

2 hours ago, downtherabbithole said:

god, I remember the first glasto I went to when Beyonce, U2 and Coldplay headlined. Then the next one had the Rolling Stones and Arctic Monkeys. Nowadays people like Billie Eilish and George Ezra headline. It's a tragic state of affairs.

How dare a major festival keep up with modern music

If you don't like it, there's around 80 more stages you can go to.

13 minutes ago, TheGChild said:

With all the ridiculously wild suggestions being thrown around (Eminem, Rhianna, etc) got me thinking... when has someone 'big' ever actually gone out of their way to make the trip to the farm to guest on a song?

Obviously we've had friends of the festival (looking at you Chris!) and acts already playing, turn up for other sets (eg: The Boss with Gaslight Anthem) but from memory, i cant think of a big surprise act thats popped up as a guest.

And cue the wave of instances to prove me wrong...

Lou Reed with Gorillaz was a bit of moment.... and The Edge with Muse.....? Neither playing elsewhere those years AFAIR.

John Paul Jones with Seasick Steve?

Probably some much bigger ones too but those surprised me at the time

4 minutes ago, musky said:

I was curious - did you spot it on their account or elsewhere on social media?

Either way, it’s easy for them to monitor the usual groups and then remove it once it has gained traction. 

On her account.

Thought it would be a cool account to follow when I came across it a few weeks ago and in the main it’s just been random signs but today I saw that.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JoeyT said:

On her account.

Thought it would be a cool account to follow when I came across it a few weeks ago and in the main it’s just been random signs but today I saw that.

Thanks. I was just wondering if it had been ‘placed’ on a more visible platform. 

7 minutes ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

So in response to me pointing out that your comparisons are bizarre, you pull out a worse one? Cool.

And no, Snoop absolutely could not headline...

I really don't understand your criteria for a comparison then, sorry 🤷🏻‍♂️

19 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

No is the answer to that. Not only is Kendrick massively popular, but he's so critically acclaimed it's ridiculous. He's the Radiohead of the rap genre basically. And he's at his peak. I saw in another thread people think he's set won't be busy. I'm going with a group of 20 (all around 30 years old) and he's the only act that everyone universally agrees they are going to see

https://www.metacritic.com/person/kendrick-lamar

Agreed.. out of 15 or so of us going, he's one of the only acts we're all seeing together (aged between 30-40)

Just now, Gnomicide said:

Didn't someone mention Ezra a day or two ago? Something said on the radio about one of his songs sounding great at Glastonbury?

Yeah some Radio1 presenter said something after one of his songs, people weren't sure if they meant Ezra himself or the lyrics talking about blue skies and green grass

Edited by leath02

5 minutes ago, joeruss said:

Agreed.. out of 15 or so of us going, he's one of the only acts we're all seeing together (aged between 30-40)

I think the people in that thread are naive to how popular he is to anyone in their twenties and thirties. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that after McCartney and Diana Ross, he'll have the biggest crowd of the weekend. 

Edited by downtherabbithole

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Didn't someone mention Ezra a day or two ago? Something said on the radio about one of his songs sounding great at Glastonbury?

'Matt & Mollie on Radio 1 played George Ezra today then said something along the lines of “how good is that going to sound at Glastonbury '

9 minutes ago, august1 said:

I seen Alicia Keys was keen to do Glasto in 2020 even as a secret slot and had a gap, decent gap this time as well, presumably no interest from the fest?

Would absolutely love to see Alicia at the farm - maybe next year 🤞

6 minutes ago, leath02 said:

Yeah but they don't tweet unless there's a very high degree of certainty

Of course, but a semi-official tweet does have a decent degree of certainty. They’re passing on the news rather than adding any certainty to the story. 

21 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

I think the people in that thread are naive to how popular he is to anyone in their twenties and thirties. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that after McCartney and Diana Ross, he'll have the biggest crowd of the weekend. 

Lol. I think Ezra is popular but to say he’s a bigger draw to 20-30’s than Billie, Sam, Olivia, Kendrick etc is mad.