Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Hmm maybe, but surely they know how much Glastonbury people like a sleuth. I mean, it took 3 hours which is longer than I expected, but now it’s totally out there for anybody who cares to know. I think she knew what she was doing - she could’ve photographed any other sign but she chose that one. 

she put loads of pics of boring signs up as well tbf

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

Will say it quietly... but I don't mind George Ezra. Nowt to draw me away at the time so expect to see him. 

I thought he was alright, or at least significantly less offensive than some others around album one, but to me he’s just gotten more and more beige with each release (or at least the singles I’ve heard). 

Tent will be banging for him though. I’ll be nowhere near, but that set will go down a storm with those who go. 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I thought he was alright, or at least significantly less offensive than some others around album one, but to me he’s just gotten more and more beige with each release (or at least the singles I’ve heard). 

Tent will be banging for him though. I’ll be nowhere near, but that set will go down a storm with those who go. 

Same feelings here. I actually really liked Wanted on Voyage, thought the second record was pretty poor and haven't even given the third a chance due to how utterly terrible Green Green Grass is as a single.

There really isn't much on that day so I may find myself wandering over there just because it's something different, but it's a disappointing one for sure. @Matt42 you owe me a pint if neither 1975 or Bloc Party show up!

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

So... Does anyone fancy cross checking people playing the festival against artists signed to Transgressive?

Foals and Arlo Parks at first glance.

Then a few who I could see just popping up because it’s Glasto.. Albarn, Coxon, Loyle Carner.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, 14er said:

Can you imagine George ezra walking out to thousands of green day fans 🤣 riots would break out

Meh I dunno. The mass Ezra hate seems very localised to this forum in my experience. The guy is massive and I’d wager most people turning up thinking maybe Green Day would still be happy with Ezra, and know most of the hits.

If we’re being honest here, they’ve bagged a headline level act for lunch slot in John Peel. That’s absolutely massive, and it shows the benefits of supporting these young acts and helping them break through. Not many other festivals could pull this type of move off. The atmosphere will be electric in there and it’ll be one of the highlights of the weekend as far as the mainstream reception goes.

Green Day was a total fantasy, but this isn’t far off in terms of massive act in a ridiculously undersized venue.

Edited by jparx
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Meh I dunno. The mass Ezra hate seems very localised to this forum in my experience. The guy is massive and I’d wager most people turning up thinking maybe Green Day would still be happy with Ezra, and know most of the hits.

If we’re being honest here, they’ve bagged a headline level act for lunch slot in John Peel. That’s absolutely massive, and it shows the benefits of supporting these young acts and helping them break through. Not many other festivals could pull this type of move off. The atmosphere will be electric in there and it’ll be one of the highlights of the weekend as far as the mainstream redemption goes.

Green Day was a total fantasy, but this isn’t far enough in terms of massive act in a ridiculously undersized venue.

Nah

1 minute ago, jparx said:

If we’re being honest here, they’ve bagged a headline level act for lunch slot in John Peel. That’s absolutely massive, and it shows the benefits of supporting these young acts and helping them break through. Not many other festivals could pull this type of move off. The atmosphere will be electric in there and it’ll be one of the highlights of the weekend as far as the mainstream redemption goes.

Green Day was a total fantasy, but this isn’t far enough in terms of massive act in a ridiculously undersized venue.

Yeah obviously it wasn’t gonna go down well with us lot, but he’s a massive act and that crowd will get busy fast, especially with it not being on at the same time as the legend like The Killers was - half the festival is gonna be trying to get in that tent and it’ll get closed off mega early imo.