Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

Just now, discgoesmic said:

This has gotta be a troll 😂 a festival with 5000 acts and a single one is going to ruin the festival for you 

Although it ruining the festival entirely is a bit over the top, considering some of the acts being touted for these TBA slots, George Ezra is definitely a ginormous kick in the balls. The most boring beige eventuality imaginable. 

1 hour ago, august1 said:

Don't think he'll do 2 secret sets but could imagine JW rocking up at strummerville with a guitar and doing half an hour. 

The guy lives for secret show to be honest, the whole Under Great White Northern Lights tour with the White Stripes, they played pop up gigs in the cities they were at earlier in the day.

Dead Weather did a secret Park show. He attempted to play guitar for Last Shadow Puppets one year.

and I saw him play on Damien Hirst's balcony last September for the grand opening of TMR London.

7 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I do love how some seemingly hate George Ezra they’re actually questioning what is quite clearly happening 😂

Yeah, he's blatantly playing that slot. Unless that's an old sign from another year (he's not played JP before has he), it's a dead cert. They know he's not a H&S risk, they just want to soft-announce him. It's Ezra for sure.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, he's blatantly playing that slot. Unless that's an old sign from another year (he's not played JP before has he), it's a dead cert. They know he's not a H&S risk, they just want to soft-announce him. It's Ezra for sure.

Gold rush kid is a new release so it can't be from a previous year, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

He played JP in like 2014 I think but his current album is called the Gold Rush Kid so very much a new sign. 

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You could wait for Thursday morning (I know it's easy for me to say!)

Oh, I'd happily wait - either way I'll probably be miss it due to getting distracted by something interesting happening somewhere else!

1 minute ago, adequate8 said:

Quite like the way they soft-announced it! Each act doesn’t get their own hand painted sign do they, so can imagine glasto will tweet that picture on the day

Yeah I think it’s a fun way to do it. Whether she was asked to tweet the picture or not, them sneakily announcing stuff like this seems to be the way they do things these days to stop thousands of people turning up to an act they hate. No point keeping them a total secret in this day and age - just put it out there in some way and let people find out.

On 6/16/2022 at 1:48 PM, Leyrulion said:

No. It's just we love to speculate on unknowns. 

The line up is as strong as any other just, stronger imo, but there's definitely a Glastonbury effect of names going on to be huge afterwards and becoming more recognisable. 

E.g. Oasis playing 8th down the other stage in 94 (followed by pulp, blur and Radiohead on the same day)

Saw them all, and it was hot and sunny.  What a day that was.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I think it’s a fun way to do it. Whether she was asked to tweet the picture or not, them sneakily announcing stuff like this seems to be the way they do things these days to stop thousands of people turning up to an act they hate. No point keeping them a total secret in this day and age - just put it out there in some way and let people find out.

Can you imagine George ezra walking out to thousands of green day fans 🤣 riots would break out

1 minute ago, august1 said:

no way this was a planned thing btw, the person probably thought it would be safely hidden in their stories

Feels like they are trying to get the word out there with BBC R1 yest and this today, because

1 minute ago, 14er said:

Can you imagine George ezra walking out to thousands of green day fans 🤣 riots would break out

4 minutes ago, august1 said:

no way this was a planned thing btw, the person probably thought it would be safely hidden in their stories

Hmm maybe, but surely they know how much Glastonbury people like a sleuth. I mean, it took 3 hours which is longer than I expected, but now it’s totally out there for anybody who cares to know. I think she knew what she was doing - she could’ve photographed any other sign but she chose that one. 

42 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Whatever happened to the idea that the catering requirements meant it must be a band?

I guess he does have a backing band? Does he? I've no idea, I've heard his voice, I have no intention of standing in front of a stage with him on!

I always thought that meant nothing as almost every solo act who would be on a large stage would have a band as well.