Williams Green
 - Bastille
BBC Intro

Friday - Wolf Alice (DJ)

Saturday - SAULT / Paolo / George Ezra
Saturday - IDLES
Sunday - Arlo Parks

Then maybe another Paolo appearance in The Rabbit Hole

But no hints towards the GreenPeace slot, or the Transgressive acts in the Rabbit Hole 

?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Is there any actual info in Green Day, or just circumstantial? 

Several things point to it: Their tour dates match up perfectly with glasto for 2020 and 2022, then there’s someone who heard they’d booked a room at a hotel near glasto, one of their supporting acts is also playing glasto from their tour and billie Joe attended the festival in 2019.

Edited by Radi0Head

Just now, Radi0Head said:

Several things point to it: Their tour dates match up perfectly with glasto for 2020 and 2022, then there’s someone who heard they’d booked a room at a hotel near glasto, one of their supporting acts is also playing glasto from their tour.

Billie Joe was there in 2019 is the biggest indicator imo - the festival has a history of having people come visit and check the place out before they play the following year. The tour dates aligning both in ‘20 and ‘22 is pretty damning too, but could definitely just be coincidental.

28 minutes ago, leath02 said:

So our best placed guesses atm are -

Park - Jack White
John Peel
 - The 1975 / Green Day

Arcadia
 - Chemical Brothers (DJ)

Williams Green
 - Bastille
BBC Intro

Friday - Wolf Alice (DJ)

Saturday - SAULT / Paolo / George Ezra
Saturday - IDLES
Sunday - Arlo Parks

Then maybe another Paolo appearance in The Rabbit Hole

But no hints towards the GreenPeace slot, or the Transgressive acts in the Rabbit Hole 

?

Couldn't be a more disappointing cavalcade of crud.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Billie Joe was there in 2019 is the biggest indicator imo.

Agreed. Highly likely there’s been contact between him and the festival. It’s not like he’d have got his ticket like a normal punter, Michael and Emily would’ve known he was there… 

59 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Ah Jack White on The Park will be ace, but not sure I’ll wanna schlep over from The Pyramid after Diana and then back there for Lorde. 

Exactly my concern.  And would miss the start of Lorde or end of Jack White to do it too!

55 minutes ago, august1 said:

I think lots of tired Sunday legs will be giving this one a swerve

I think if you’re planning on getting in/actually being able to see and hear Jack then you’d have to swerve off most of DRoss anyway as the Park field will fill up fast once she’s done.

Very very torn on doing DRoss in to Turnstile or Caroline Polachek in to Jack White - both sound like great times tbf.

1 minute ago, Crumbleflaps said:

Has the whole idea of the 50th anniversary been abandoned? Nobody seems to mention it at all anymore.

Because it's now the 52nd anniversary 

Feel a lot of people misunderstand that the 50th anniversary was not the 50th Glasto, but instead the 50th year since it started. I know a lot of my mates have, smart cookies in general life too 

Edited by leath02

Just now, Crumbleflaps said:

Has the whole idea of the 50th anniversary been abandoned? Nobody seems to mention it at all anymore.

Probably because it’s not the 50th anniversary. I’m sure they’ll still hint at it, but I think the ‘we’re back’ element will take front and centre instead. 

1 minute ago, majormajormajor said:

I was thinking this. The line-up isn't some spectacular standout in comparison to years gone past (notwithstanding a living, breathing Beatle).

Said it before but it’s very much a ‘greatest hits’ kind of lineup with a lot of old favourites and friends of the festival. Not a whole lot of massive surprises or shock factor acts, but lots of general crowd pleasers.