Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

Just now, rottencrotch said:

Jack White from a sound engineer on that stage. No idea why they’d lie. 

Good enough for me! Reckon a lot of the more casual attendees/people who just turn up to every secret set will be a bit disappointed in that as he’s not exactly the name he once was, but I’d love to see him and that puts a real pickle amongst my plans for sure…

31 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

My main rebuttal is why not swap London and Huddersfield? It would make everything so much easier

Red Hot Chilli Peppers playing London Stadium on 25th June. So probably not an option available to them.

22 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

because the set is so early in the day i would say it does.

I don’t think it does personally. The band can sleep on the tour coach travelling through the night and arrive around the local area long before necessary, or catch a private flight. If there were any issues with moving equipment then they can simply use different equipment and arrange for it to arrive separately. Green Day will be used to much harder logistics when travelling the US and if Amyl and the Sniffers can do it then so can they. They’re on a multi million pound world tour. They won’t be driving down the M5 in Billie Joe’s Vauxhall Corsa. 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

So that’s two big’uns seemingly knocked off in a couple of days - Bastille (possibly with orchestra) in Williams Green Thursday and Jack White on the Park Sunday. 

Just need to get to the bottom of that oh so mysterious John Peel slot now. 

Did I miss any big Jack White information suggesting it was them? Would be very up for that

1 hour ago, rottencrotch said:

Jack White from a sound engineer on that stage. No idea why they’d lie. 

They wouldn’t have to lie, but there’s a world of difference between ‘I heard it from a mate who’s dad once roadied for them in 2003’ and ‘I’ve been handed a list of their equipment requirements’. 

Having said that I’m inclined to believe it. 

4 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

JP looks like it's between The 1975 and Green Day now. I still think it's 1975.

Yeah it’s between those two in my head too, although tbh it could really be anybody as the evidence of it being those two is still pretty damn thin.

Really hope it’s Green Day as I’d be all over that and don’t have much going on at that time of day. The 1975… eh, I’d be elsewhere. 

20 minutes ago, musky said:

They wouldn’t have to lie, but there’s a world of difference between ‘I heard it from a mate who’s dad once roadied for them in 2003’ and ‘I’ve been handed a list of their equipment requirements’. 

Having said that I’m inclined to believe it. 

Totally agree, this is from someone who works for a sound company who is freelancing on the stage so I think it’s pretty credible. But with everything, grain of salt!