Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, Glastobuddy said:

Had a DM (out of the blue) last night on Instagram confirming 100% the WG secret act, I don’t want to spoil the fun here though. If anyone needs to know from secret Glasto (or similar) I’m happy to DM screenshots (once the “uber reliable” source has confirmed that I can share)

Fire it over 😁

12 minutes ago, 09matthewsw said:

I had originally thought Paolo Nutini was nailed on for the John Peel TBA, as soon as I saw he was playing in Bristol around the same time. I think it’s the sort of thing he would do and the right sort of sized name (fairly popular but not enough so to cause chaos). However, I think as it stands there’s more evidence pointing to Green Day for this slot than anyone else. We know Billie Joe attended the festival in 2019 and there’s been a fair few rumours on here about them playing / staying local. Even though they are likely hearsay, these rumours usually pop up for a reason. 

The biggest thing that suggests to me it could be them is the comparison between their cancelled 2020 tour dates and their current 2022 tour dates. Both runs have a nice GSH and the run of London - Huddersfield - *day off* - Dublin has been preserved perfectly. What are the chances of this, unless there’s something happening on the Sunday that can’t be rearranged? We’ve all had gigs postponed over COVID, how many of them rearranged for the exact same dates a year or so later? Assuming they were booked as secret set for 2020 and considering Glastonbury obviously wouldn’t be changing dates for 2022, they have maybe had to fit their dates around this secret set. I’ve attached the dates so you can have a look yourself. 

Either way, only about 55% confident on this one. Which just happens to be more confident than I am about any else. People saying it’s “logistically impossible” should consider they’ve potentially had three years to plan for this. It’s not impossible at all. We won’t get any concrete info before the festival if it is them, they would be far too well attended. I remember The Killers doing a radio interview before the 2017 secret set where they said the “didn’t think they were playing Glastonbury”. This gave it away big time for a lot of people and they were so well attended I’m pretty sure everyone who was inside the JP tent to see them had watched all of the Frank Carter set before. 

For those saying “why would they do it?” They will be nailed on 2023 headliners if it is them. 

Paolo will still pop up somewhere, maybe the early TBA on BBC introducing. 

As for The Park: 1975 or Jack White, not arsed either way.

TLDR; it’s Green Day 

2CE19030-846A-4B02-B4A9-CD4D71786F14.png

F4E2F522-676F-49C7-A114-D5F7C1941D13.png

46D01E52-9DB6-44E4-A095-B334E8D770BB.png

TLDR its green day

also you - i'm 55% sure 😂

11 minutes ago, 09matthewsw said:

I had originally thought Paolo Nutini was nailed on for the John Peel TBA, as soon as I saw he was playing in Bristol around the same time. I think it’s the sort of thing he would do and the right sort of sized name (fairly popular but not enough so to cause chaos). However, I think as it stands there’s more evidence pointing to Green Day for this slot than anyone else. We know Billie Joe attended the festival in 2019 and there’s been a fair few rumours on here about them playing / staying local. Even though they are likely hearsay, these rumours usually pop up for a reason. 

The biggest thing that suggests to me it could be them is the comparison between their cancelled 2020 tour dates and their current 2022 tour dates. Both runs have a nice GSH and the run of London - Huddersfield - *day off* - Dublin has been preserved perfectly. What are the chances of this, unless there’s something happening on the Sunday that can’t be rearranged? We’ve all had gigs postponed over COVID, how many of them rearranged for the exact same dates a year or so later? Assuming they were booked as secret set for 2020 and considering Glastonbury obviously wouldn’t be changing dates for 2022, they have maybe had to fit their dates around this secret set. I’ve attached the dates so you can have a look yourself. 

Either way, only about 55% confident on this one. Which just happens to be more confident than I am about any else. People saying it’s “logistically impossible” should consider they’ve potentially had three years to plan for this. It’s not impossible at all. We won’t get any concrete info before the festival if it is them, they would be far too well attended. I remember The Killers doing a radio interview before the 2017 secret set where they said the “didn’t think they were playing Glastonbury”. This gave it away big time for a lot of people and they were so well attended I’m pretty sure everyone who was inside the JP tent to see them had watched all of the Frank Carter set before. 

For those saying “why would they do it?” They will be nailed on 2023 headliners if it is them. 

TLDR; it’s Green Day 

Loving this arguement. My main rebuttal would be why keep the 4 day run, which is obviously not ideal, if they could have change one of the dates to create some space?

I’m coming more and more round to it being Green Day. My head tells me it isn’t them and logistically it just doesn’t make sense that they’d arrange their tour that way if they were doing a secret set, but then there are so many little bits that make it seem somewhat likely or point that way. 

1 minute ago, rottencrotch said:

Jack White is one of the Parks tba. 

That would be ace but also annoying and possibly ruin my Diana Ross/Turnstile plan in favour of Caroline Polachek/Jack White… hmm…

Just now, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Haha oh god my bad.

So at the moment we’re leaning towards Jack White Park and Green Day John Peel?

Based on a lot of ‘my friend knows someone who knows someone in the biz’ and pure speculation/hope kind of stuff, yeah, but Green Day especially could turn out to be wrong and somebody completely different.

8 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Loving this arguement. My main rebuttal would be why keep the 4 day run, which is obviously not ideal, if they could have change one of the dates to create some space?

Very true. UK stadium gigs are probably the hardest to rearrange because they all have to happen outside of the football season. If it doesn’t turn out to be them on the John Peel then that would explain why they kept the same run. Disproving my own argument here 🥲

30 minutes ago, 09matthewsw said:

TLDR; it’s Green Day 

My main rebuttal is why not swap London and Huddersfield? It would make everything so much easier

1 minute ago, GeezLouise said:

We’re not basing these green day and Jack white rumours on any solid info, are we? 

We’ve heard Jack White is gonna be there for a while now from a couple of different posters. No idea in the legitimacy of any of them and they could all just be parroting each other, but he’s definitely around.

Green Day, again, are around, and Billie Joe was on site in ‘19 to possibly check the place out, but again, no real solid info and mostly just speculation based on their dates and ‘my brothers uncle heard from a friend’ kind of stuff. 

• Thanks 1