Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

It’s pointless talking logistics, Green Day isn’t happening.

I remember in 2016 some of the highest profile secret slots began getting iPlayer listings and BBC billing (Elbow in 2016, The Killers in 2017)… that’s not happening for the JP or Park slots, which could mean either the artists aren’t of big mainstream interest or they’re playing brand new material not for broadcast. Just throwing that out there

1 minute ago, Drinky said:

It’s pointless talking logistics, Green Day isn’t happening.

I remember in 2016 some of the highest profile secret slots began getting iPlayer listings and BBC billing (Elbow in 2016, The Killers in 2017)… that’s not happening for the JP or Park slots, which could mean either the artists aren’t of big mainstream interest or they’re playing brand new material not for broadcast. Just throwing that out there

So you’re saying it’s Arctic Monkeys playing their new album in full, gotcha.

3 minutes ago, chickenfire said:

With all this Green Day chat, are we sure it won't be Weezer or FOB?

In fact, are we sure MCR will be on the first plane back to the US after they wrap up in Germany this week?

Not that I particularly want any of these, it's just wild at this stage. 

Our Miserably Dressed friends, MCR, are back from the dead! 

25 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

That's the point being made though, that feasibly they could do it. Not necessarily that they will, but it's really not beyond the realms of possibility.

Nobody has at any point said otherwise. All anyone has said is that it seems unlikely because of the tour schedule. Doesn’t mean it won’t happen. Doesn’t mean it’s not possible. Just that in my opinion there would be more obvious options. 

17 minutes ago, chickenfire said:

With all this Green Day chat, are we sure it won't be Weezer or FOB?

In fact, are we sure MCR will be on the first plane back to the US after they wrap up in Germany this week?

Not that I particularly want any of these, it's just wild at this stage. 

I think MCR would cause a bit less of a crowd issue - the audience at their gig was very distinctive and isn't particularly represented at Glastonbury. Green Day would attract a much more casual crowd (I think). I'd love it though - I went in only knowing the singles and have listened to them loads since

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

Amyl and the Sniffers are making the exact same journey Green Day will need to make. Why can one do it and not the other? 

Because there’s like a 30 year age gap between the two? I’m not saying Green Day couldn’t do it, but some people are completely ignoring the realities of recovery times when they make this comparison. 

35 minutes ago, GeezLouise said:

Our Miserably Dressed friends, MCR, are back from the dead! 

Miserably Dressed are still on the poster on the shangrila section of the website, but not on the lineup page. Hope we eventually find out who they are...

Everyone saying about logistics, age, etc... Has anyone considered that maybe Green Day just WANT to play at Glastonbury so they've made it happen? Maybe they wanted to get on the bill, and all the normal slots they would have filled were full so this was the next option

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, K2SO said:

Everyone saying about logistics, age, etc... Has anyone considered that maybe Green Day just WANT to play at Glastonbury so they've made it happen? Maybe they wanted to get on the bill, and all the normal slots they would have filled were full so this was the next option

Surely it would make more sense for them to do the park timewise if they were going to do it. 

1 hour ago, Sku said:

It's just hearsay. Someone said they are staying nearby. Someone said they know a mate working JP who says its them. But that is just hearsay.

However, Amyl and the Sniffers, who are their support on the tour are also playing JP that day.

And the other thing, is that the same secret set was also being widely discussed in 2020. And the dates line up exactly the same again in 2022, which lends the idea some credit.

The tour dates matched up in 2020, same with 2022. My mind is blown right now. Are you saying that it could of been Green day secret set in 2020?

This is some first class investigation. I think it could be Green Day. Holy shit.

20 minutes ago, leath02 said:

BBC introducing early slot on saturday is now an hour long rather than half an hour

Suggests a bigger act

I'd suggest the opposite imo. 

A quick half an hour set, blink and you've missed it. An hour gives everyone in the fest a chance to head there. 

I reckon it will be live radio1 dj mix.