Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

I don't even know if I'd class it as info tbh. Unlike the Arcadia / headliner stuff I was told back in January which came from a straight up legit source.

This is just some of the shite you hear living fairly local to the festival which 99.9% time turns out to be rubbish.

Yeah not totally beyond the realms of believability in my opinion. 

There are links between the artists, and Kendrick has worked with Dr Dre on his album, appearing with Eminem on some tracks. All of them shared a stage at the Superbowl halftime show for example...

IF (big if) it turned out one of them was Green Day, would that be the first instance of a big TBA/secret set being the acts first time playing the festival and them not already being an established friend of the festival type? Not counting the likes of Kesha who were relatively small at the time of their secret sets.

28 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It almost definitely will. They’ve done a good job of keeping it quiet thus far, but I can’t see them keeping it a secret right up until the band walks out on stage. Plus, crowds will swarm regardless in the hope that it’s Arctic Monkeys or something even if a strong rumour of it being somebody else is out there. 

yeah from a safety perspective its a lot easier if its known - just as many will be put off as will be wanting to go up there. Much better than a ridiculous Harry Styles rumour leading to loads of uninterested people watching, for example, the War on Drugs or something. 

In terms of the Eminem info, Kendrick and him did perform recently together at the Super Bowl, maybe they discussed Glastonbury then? They was also rumours at the time of Kendrick, Eminem, Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg doing a tour together in the near future. 

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

IF (big if) it turned out one of them was Green Day, would that be the first instance of a big TBA/secret set being the acts first time playing the festival and them not already being an established friend of the festival type? Not counting the likes of Kesha who were relatively small at the time of their secret sets.

and also completely unopposed in terms of a similar genre of music. Madness if so - would need to get in for the first act of the day

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Kesha had a US number 1 album by then

Just now, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

How long would you need to get to the tent for to be confident of being able to get in for this TBA? I would stand there for a few hours if it was looking like being Green Day. 

How long before The Killers walked on stage did we know it was going to be them?

I got there over an hour early and was barely in the tent.

43 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

TWOD are a weird one because they’re obviously big but they’re not really a household name or riddled with well known songs or bangers. I’d like them to be one of the secret sets, but I feel whoever they turn out to be will be more household names with well known songs. Think TWOD would’ve just been booked to play on the lineup if they were gonna be there in any capacity.

They could have been a late booking, not wanted their name out there due to playing Bristol Sounds the day after. It is strange though. They're playing Hyde Park supporting the Stones with other acts that are playing Glasto (Phoebe Bridgers, Courtney Barrett, Sam Fender). They'll be coming up to Somserset either Saturday night or Sunday. They fit that park slot nicely, although i appreciate they're obviously not as big as Pulp or Radiohead or others that have played it in the past (probably on the same level as The Foals though who played it). If it's not them, then it's a definitely a big miss by Emily to get them at the farm. Probably the best live rock n roll band in the world right now.

Edited by downtherabbithole
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

How long would you need to get to the tent for to be confident of being able to get in for this TBA? I would stand there for a few hours if it was looking like being Green Day. 

How long before The Killers walked on stage did we know it was going to be them?

I got wind of it the day before, but to be fair I was going for Frank Carter anyway. It was really busy at FC. If the TBA is somebody I definitely don't want to miss, I will get there for Sports Team just to be safe.

7 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

I got to the JP for the Killers whilst Frank Carter was on (about mid set) and just managed to squeeze in the tent for their set. I’d get there before Sports Team and stay there for their whole set if you want a guaranteed place in the tent - it’ll get busy fast.

18 minutes ago, 14er said:

I think green day are nailed on for JP now tbh

Based on what? They're playing in Huddersfield the night before at a big event. They'll get off stage, full of adrenaline, no doubt indulge a little bit.

They'd have to either travel down towards Glastonbury immediately after their huddersfield gig late into the night, or get up the next morning and set off no later than 8am to make sure they arrive at the festival in time, leaving enough time to get to where they need to be within the festival.

Don't get me wrong I would love it, but the odds are very much stacked against.

24 minutes ago, 14er said:

It was well rumoured over the weekend but nothing concrete

It was pretty well known it was the killers by that time. I was there for Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes, they were one of my must sees anyway. Frank Carter wanted a circle pit with people going out and around the tent, but some went out and never came back in. I remember him joking about the front rows are now the Killer fans only. It was very well known by that time.

I’m not a massive the Killers fan, but that set was something else.

Edited by Nessipessi

1 minute ago, Nessipessi said:

It was pretty well known it was the killers by that time. I was there for Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes, they were one of my must sees anyway. Frank Carter wanted a circle pit with people going out and around the tent, but some went out and never came back in. I remember him joking about the front rows are now the Killer fans only. It was very well known by that time.

I’m not a massive the Killers fan, but that set was something else.

I latched on to that circle pit which allowed me to get slightly in to the tent 😋 nice one Frank!