Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

6 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

This could be absolute horse shit but been told Greenday are booked in at Babington House next weekend to stay.

I mean, they are touring the U.K. at the time. Could it not just be that? Is Babington House particularly local to the festival? 

8 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Has it always been this many rumours. I swear most normal years we're pretty much nailed on for who it's going to be. The suspense is killing me this time. It could literally be anyone.

way more bands on the road this year than usual due to the break, usually a handful of people with Glasto gaps, dozens this time. You could probably fill another main stage or two

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Probably because we’ve got two years worth of delayed tours all happening at once and so the wealth of big acts around at the time is more than ever. 

There's usually far more examples of "the singers mate's girlfriend" and "the roadies dog" rumours co-inciding, giving us a big long list by now. More tends to come in closer to the time, hopefully we'll see loads of these rumours coalescing in the next few days.

I swear, if I see another tip about someone playing, but no idea where or when, I'm going to throw my phone across the room!

18 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I mean, they are touring the U.K. at the time. Could it not just be that? Is Babington House particularly local to the festival? 

Not far away. They are touring with Amyl and the Sniffers, so it would make sense for everyone to be booked on the same logistics etc since Amyl playing JP Sunday in addition to the Green Day tour. But then if Green Day were all having to head in that direction anyway, why wouldn't they be a strong contender for the JP TBC? Fall Out Boy and Weezer are also on the same tour, so if we had any info on their travel plans that might help!

Edited by FLB

Is there anyone else who is committing to either of the big TBCs regardless of who it is? It feel a bit bananas but other than  Cassetteboy who I've missed enough times there is no one I want to see in the John Peel slot so may just gamble on that one and I'm open to being surprised.

The Park band however I think is going to be the big one of the two (and has better clashes for me), they've got 45 minutes prep time for starters, so despite there being more clashes it seems like a good bet, Elbow and Foals had the usual 30 minutes in 17/19. Could that mean a band with lots of instruments/a big stage setup?

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Just not really worthy of a secret set anymore. Maybe one year they’ll be the Other opener - they’d be good for that - but as a big TBA somewhere? Eh, I don’t see it. Guess they could always be one of the smaller ones, but so could thousands of other acts so hard to speculate on those. 

Dunno if its just me but I'd put FF over some of the names touted for slots. Bigger than than a lot of them imo? Maybe I'm just old... 🙈

11 minutes ago, Ashl said:

Is there anyone else who is committing to either of the big TBCs regardless of who it is? It feel a bit bananas but other than  Cassetteboy who I've missed enough times there is no one I want to see in the John Peel slot so may just gamble on that one and I'm open to being surprised.

The Park band however I think is going to be the big one of the two (and has better clashes for me), they've got 45 minutes prep time for starters, so despite there being more clashes it seems like a good bet, Elbow and Foals had the usual 30 minutes in 17/19. Could that mean a band with lots of instruments/a big stage setup?

I want to see Polachek so I’ll just wait at The Park unless it’s someone I’m not interested in then I’ll get across to Turnstile.

Earlier there’s nothing else on after Sports Team so I’ll be at the JP too.

And I’ll have plenty of time after PH&JA to get to The Rabbit Hole before the other headliners finish.

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I want to see Polachek so I’ll just wait at The Park unless it’s someone I’m not interested in then I’ll get across to Turnstile.

Earlier there’s nothing else on after Sports Team so I’ll be at the JP too.

And I’ll have plenty of time after PH&JA to get to The Rabbit Hole before the other headliners finish.

Yeah im planning sports team so can hang around afterwards if the signs are good for the JP TBA. Am going to lose my Elbow cherry after Amyl later but will be checking my secret glasto notifications just in case the park TBA appeals 🙂

36 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Really starting to think jp is green day. Would be special 

There's no way Green Day play a 2pm Sunday slot surely. They have a set in Huddersfield less than 24 hours previously.

*edit - just seen the Babington tip off, that's nuts if true!

Edited by Tardigrade

3 hours ago, NoBuses said:

Popbitch saying 

Among the less insane ones to pass our eyes this year:

* Anderson .Paak TBA for Sunday
* A secret Chemical Brothers set at Arcadia
* Arcade Fire and Green Day to play

If I get any sort of credible rumour of Arcade Fire doing a secret set I’m willing to write off my entire day to be at the front.

Andy Paak and Green Day would be amazing additions I’d 100% go and see too. Chem Bros is always a good time but non-essential.

18 minutes ago, Jamm said:

If I get any sort of credible rumour of Arcade Fire doing a secret set I’m willing to write off my entire day to be at the front.

On 4/28/2022 at 12:08 AM, Miyn said:

If Arcade Fire play something like 4th on Park I'd be tempted to camp there from the start.

Hopefully see you down the front if they play! If there's something good on the JP, I'll definitely go to that though. But I'd head to the Park straight after, hoping to get as close to the front as possible.

I didn’t believe that Green Day rumour in the slightest and assumed that the Somerset Live article was regurgitated from here, but if there’s any credibility to the chat of them being booked Babington House then that certainly adds up with them playing. Would be no logical reason for them to travel so far South West between shows in Huddersfield and Dublin, and the Soho House venues are common spots for celebs etc. Suspect it may just be local Somerset hearsay based on the article, but huge if true. 

Edited by sildante

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Greenday make sense for the John Peel and they are touring with Amyl and the sniffers who are playing JP Same day.