Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, jj200 said:

any chance of a foals dj set and two door cinema club secret set as they are both on the transgression label.

foals were drinking in the rabbit hole after their last gig, I'd say there is a good chance of 'foals' dj set, no idea who will be spinning them

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Are they just reading these forums? Did they get the Harry Styles with Billie thing from me or do they actually know something? 

No idea - pop bitch is a subscription email magazine that leaks celeb stuff.

Its like Duexmoi where people write in with funny celeb stories. “I met Jared Leto and he asked me for a couple of strands of my hair” kinda thing. Very entertaining. 

Edited by Matt42

Just now, HamishA. said:

"pass our eyes" could literally mean reading FB comments to pull this list together. Do they have any credibility?

It reads like a copy of this place.. they have no idea! Hello out there to the person copying!

1 minute ago, HamishA. said:

"pass our eyes" could literally mean reading FB comments to pull this list together. Do they have any credibility?

Not for festival stuff that I know of, but in terms of leaking celebrity pop culture stuff they are pretty good. 

8 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Ah fuck knows anymore. I seem to remember people in the crowd waiting asking who it was going to be.

I remember it being practically a TBC on here in the days leading up to the festival.

Then they posted a picture of the Tor from their helicopter an hour (may have been a bit less?) before they went on stage. 

I certainly knew who I was heading to see anyway. 

48 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

I remember it being practically a TBC on here in the days leading up to the festival.

Then they posted a picture of the Tor from their helicopter an hour (may have been a bit less?) before they went on stage. 

I certainly knew who I was heading to see anyway. 

Yep same - I remember that Instagram post too as that was when I knew for absolute certain - I was specifically looking for information about Libertines as I remember Foals were the other rumoured possibility, and I wasn't going to bother if it'd ended up being them instead. 

I'm guessing many who don't know where to look for this info thought they were getting Daft Punk or someone and were probably quite disappointed 

Edited by efcfanwirral

33 minutes ago, plaskins said:

No talk of Franz Ferdinand anywhere? Touring greatest hits this year, any reason why they can't?

Just not really worthy of a secret set anymore. Maybe one year they’ll be the Other opener - they’d be good for that - but as a big TBA somewhere? Eh, I don’t see it. Guess they could always be one of the smaller ones, but so could thousands of other acts so hard to speculate on those. 

12 minutes ago, Miyn said:

If any of: Arcade Fire, LCD, The 1975 or The Smile play, it'll make my weekend. If you have any info on the above, feel free to message me, I'd love to know.

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞 for the 1975 they are incredible live and would blow any band playing at the festival this year out of the water.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1