Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

If Sault do end up playing then I really don’t see it being one of the big JP or Park secret sets - thousands of people turning up and not having a clue who the band on stage is even when the banner is dropped and then streaming back out again isn’t really what they want. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If Sault do end up playing then I really don’t see it being one of the big JP or Park secret sets - thousands of people turning up and not having a clue who the band on stage is even when the banner is dropped and then streaming back out again isn’t really what they want. 

The 13:00 - 13:30 BBC intro slot on the Saturday looks perfect for them 

5 minutes ago, RichardHarrison86 said:

Are Green Day a possibility?

It feels like Green Day have been in the vicinity of Glastonbury for the last decade and it’s never been remotely close to happening. For them to appear and not even as a headliner seems beyond the realms of any possibility. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Totally agree, they are fantastic and if they ever play live it will be a massive deal but I can't see it being tossed off in the middle of a festival to people who may not know who they are. Also, they have no reason whatsoever to do it.  I can't see it happening at all.

Just now, leath02 said:

Why not? 

Because they have released 6 albums,  been nominated for various awards,  never played live,  have lots of collaborators, don't even speak to the media,  are very political. Why would they want to play to a small tent? Also presentation of the music must be very important to them, they wouldn't want to play in the middle of the day.  They aren't trying to flog anything either, so there is no reason to compromise on any values. 

Just now, glimmers_of_hope said:

Because they have released 6 albums,  been nominated for various awards,  never played live,  have lots of collaborators, don't even speak to the media,  are very political. Why would they want to play to a small tent? Also presentation of the music must be very important to them, they wouldn't want to play in the middle of the day.  They aren't trying to flog anything either, so there is no reason to compromise on any values. 

I would say a few of the reasons you've mentioned there make them more likely to play firstly Glastonbury (pollitical messaging) and then a small tent and in the middle of the day (media shy, illusive)

But time will tell 

Just now, glimmers_of_hope said:
3 minutes ago, leath02 said:

I just feel for this BBC 6music producer to go out of his way and both tweet it, and share it on his instagram story is raising alot of smoke signals

Expand  

I'd love it if they did,  it would be a massive coup for the festival. Out of all the options park would be the most likely.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

I’m currently thinking TWOD are most likely, but yeah I don’t see why they weren’t just booked and announced as normal if it is them. Couldn’t they just have headlined The Park that night? I like Courtney Barnett but TWOD are surely a much bigger headliner for that stage.

I love TWOD but they make no sense to me as a secret set. I'd be straight over there if that's who it turned out to be though. 

I imagine they were in talks at one stage given their tour dates but couldn't agree a slot - they'd be eyeing OS headline or Pyramid sub I'd suspect, possibly one place below. 

9 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I'd love it if they did,  it would be a massive coup for the festival. Out of all the options park would be the most likely.

Very much enjoy this change of tune 😏

Park does fit the vibe, but the fact this info is coming from a BBC producer points me towards the intro stage - plus it can accomodate bigger crowds now it's got it's own field 

4 minutes ago, leath02 said:

Very much enjoy this change of tune 😏

Park does fit the vibe, but the fact this info is coming from a BBC producer points me towards the intro stage - plus it can accomodate bigger crowds now it's got it's own field 

Well,  I guess what I'm saying is I really like them... and if they did play it would be great. But I can't see it being on the BBC introducing stage perhaps the park,  but even then,  personally I don't think it will happen. I'd like to be proved wrong 😀

1 minute ago, Ed90 said:

I'm sticking by my War on Drugs prediction, but has anyone mentioned LCD Soundsystem?  They have a big GSH.  Also...we know at least one member of Hot Chip will be at the festival, and the rest of the band also have a GSH

Think someone messaged them and they said they weren't doing it

2 minutes ago, Ed90 said:

I'm sticking by my War on Drugs prediction, but has anyone mentioned LCD Soundsystem?  They have a big GSH.  Also...we know at least one member of Hot Chip will be at the festival, and the rest of the band also have a GSH

LCD mentioned earlier in the thread. I think someone in LCD said they weren't playing.