Mandala Stage
Sunday - 01:00 - 02:00
Sunday - 02:00 - 03:00

Outside Circus
Saturday - 17:55 - 18:10
Sunday - 13:00 - 14:00
Sunday - 19:20 - 19:50

24 in total

Platform 23 have "Secret Headliner" on the Sunday. Unsure if that's the artists name. 🤣

52 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

But why cant Glasto just book them and you throw the history thing out of the window. There is no pattern. Who cares about a new album or not. In an hour theyll play one "new" song and the rest will be all their hits. Did anyone want to hear that new song The Killers did in 2017? No, they wanted Mr Brightside. If this all comes down to acts the festival has had and such the. There will never ever be a genuine surprise. Whats the fun in that.

Oh and lets not forget Crows Nest is an entire TBA schedule all weekend.

I just said it was random and you have explained exactly why its random. Random = unlikely, and thats before the scheduling

Edited by gfa

1 hour ago, gfa said:

100% not impossible and i think incident agrees with that, just cannot see it happening. Very random as well considering their album came out a while back and they don't have history with the festival either.

Seems they've even forgotten about that album based on their latest setlist 😂 Not one track

Anyone reckon there's any chance of a RHCP appearance? Also Primavera made me wonder whether they have anyone set up for secret sets who could also jump in as a headliner if someone has to pull out for Covid. I hope they have some kind of back up plan as was pretty gutted to lose Massive Attack and The Strokes there with no replacements...

7 minutes ago, vigo said:

Anyone reckon there's any chance of a RHCP appearance? Also Primavera made me wonder whether they have anyone set up for secret sets who could also jump in as a headliner if someone has to pull out for Covid. I hope they have some kind of back up plan as was pretty gutted to lose Massive Attack and The Strokes there with no replacements...

Been stated by others in the know that the fest will never try to get them because of ill feelings. 

11 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Been stated by others in the know that the fest will never try to get them because of ill feelings. 

They’re also playing Manchester on the Wednesday, then two London dates on the Saturday and Sunday 

6 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

What's the current general knowledge of the TBAs? Paulo Nutini seems a popular guess, is that right? Didn't he self confirm a while ago? Any strong rumours of anyone else?

Main rumours (with extremely varying levels of proof) at the moment seem to be - 

Harry Styles (keeps popping up, various efesters have said they’ve heard he’s doing one)

Paolo Nutini (glasto shaped hole, Bristol conveniently before, back from long hiatus),

Arcadia Fire (Emily shared a Picture of some people on a beach)

The 1975 (similar reasons to Paolo + new album)

Sault (BBC 6music producer tweeted about imagining their first ever appearance being a Glasto set today)

Chemcial Bros (seem common knowledge they’ll do Arcadia Friday)

Then BBC introducing stage is being curated by Wolf Alice (Friday), IDLES (Saturday) and Arlo Parks (Sunday) so the expectation is they’ll each do the headline evening set on that stage on their respective days on top of their already announced sets elsewhere

Think that’s it

Edited by leath02
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

On 6/9/2022 at 6:50 PM, TownesMR said:

For the introducing stage, I know there's a consensus that it's Wolf Alice, Idles, and Arlo Parks, but were there any guesses for the Saturday afternoon slot? Was this on the initial schedule?

image.png.192cad83f87b9ac23a0e3a85039150d4.png

Do you have more info on the IDLE and Arlo Parks sets?  Are they live or DJ?  And which day? 

Ta!

49 minutes ago, TomButler said:

Sam Fender maybe?

If its sam fender that clears up friday and opens up options for me at least. That ones gonna have to be kept close if its that big. Although it wont surprise me that plenty of people will just be there regardless and then just stay or leave when that act hits the stage.

52 minutes ago, SecretGlasto said:

Do we know where these will slot in? 

image.png.a589074458d76b958e1b67d939c27f22.png

Thursday evening must be Strummerville, no info but it's the only one that fits?

Strummerville or Rabbit Hole Friday?

Or something random like West Holts bar 😀

Edited by FLB

1 hour ago, leath02 said:

Main rumours (with extremely varying levels of proof) at the moment seem to be - 

Harry Styles (keeps popping up, various efesters have said they’ve heard he’s doing one)

Paolo Nutini (glasto shaped hole, Bristol conveniently before, back from long hiatus),

Arcadia Fire (Emily shared a Picture of some people on a beach)

The 1975 (similar reasons to Paolo + new album)

Sault (BBC 6music producer tweeted about imagining their first ever appearance being a Glasto set today)

Chemcial Bros (seem common knowledge they’ll do Arcadia Friday)

Then BBC introducing stage is being curated by Wolf Alice (Friday), IDLES (Saturday) and Arlo Parks (Sunday) so the expectation is they’ll each do the headline evening set on that stage on their respective days on top of their already announced sets elsewhere

Think that’s it

Just noticed you've already answered my question below!

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Hang on, are we just guessing that the Introducing curators are doi the TBAs? Or is that solid info?

I think it’s just a guess based on if they have curated the whole day surely they have to show up at some point and chat about why they picked them plus play a few tunes. 

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Hang on, are we just guessing that the Introducing curators are doi the TBAs? Or is that solid info?

Someone who claimed insider info sad that Wolf Alice were definitely doing a DJ set a few pages back

13 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

it looks like there is info Wolf Alice are dj'ing their day so assumption the other 2 must be involved in their day, I doubt all 3 will do sets 

1 hour ago, downtherabbithole said:

Sunday park TBC is quite likely gonna be The War on Drugs. Just makes sense with them being at Bristol Sounds the following day

If its them then thatll be very skippable.  Is there a word for un rammed?

Edited by Suprefan

12 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

Could the JP set be The Prodigy? When Keith died Emily tweeted to say they were booked in for 2020 and they are touring next month so what a way to kick it off?

seems unlikely for glasto to be their first show back imo, they would benefit from the media attention etc but not sure if they'd want the large physical crowd for a first show back. Nailed on for next year imo