Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

19 minutes ago, K2SO said:

I agree. Apparently they'd been trying to get on but couldn't get booked

I presumed anyone on the 2020 line up would be offered the same slot for 2022. Guess that’s not happened. 

Pretty gutted. Was looking forward to Mysterines and The Big Moon, who were scheduled for John Peel in 2020, but they’re not part of the 2022 line up either. 

15 minutes ago, Matt87 said:

I presumed anyone on the 2020 line up would be offered the same slot for 2022. Guess that’s not happened. 

Pretty gutted. Was looking forward to Mysterines and The Big Moon, who were scheduled for John Peel in 2020, but they’re not part of the 2022 line up either. 

Baffling really. I suppose there's still the slim chance they're on WG and they've been told to keep it to themselves but I doubt it personally

36 minutes ago, Matt87 said:

Ahh shit the Big Moon completely forgot about them! What a shame that is.

4 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Ahh shit the Big Moon completely forgot about them! What a shame that is.

They’ve just postponed their tour till September -a few days before I was due to see them and no reason given. 

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Sorry, TLDR on the thread - but do we actually know anything yet? Or at least have any confidence in any of the secret sets?

its madness the lack of info this year 😂

I think they could have kept Libertines a secret, Camelphat Thurs, Calvin Harris on Arcadia

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, that was the only one I could think of. Is it actually nailed on, or have we just assumed it's still true because we heard ages ago and nothing has come in to contradict it?

Think @JoeyThad info on this?

Possibly someone else too. 

8 hours ago, nikkic said:

Think @JoeyThad info on this?

Possibly someone else too. 

Info I had for Chemical Brothers came at the exact time (Jan 11th) and from the same person who told me Calvin Harris, Carl Cox, Chase & Status and Four Tet were playing Arcadia so I’d assume based on the accuracy of that it’s highly likely the Chen’s are one of the TBA’s there…

On 5/14/2022 at 4:12 PM, Jackie Daytona said:

Måneskin maybe? They have an Italy show on the Thursday of the weekend. 

Would LOVE that. I watched their Rock Am Ring set on YouTube. Brilliant!  They are doing Reading and Leeds though. Would that be an impediment?

One act that could (quite feasibly) be one of the surprises is Two Door Cinema Club. while not that interesting to me, they could easily fill the JP/Park slot. a band that can still headline smaller festivals and could get a sizeable crowd. this week they have been teasing their return and it looks like an album is on its way. they are free all weekend as well

I’d be happy to miss it but I could definitely see it happen

Edited by finn_with_1_n

Buzzing that The Chemical Brothers seem to be the secret set on Arcadia - am I right in thinking that would be the Friday night slot? TBAs from 23.00-01.00 and 01.00-02.00.

Also keen to know the William's Green Thursday secret set and John Peel Sunday secret set.

Wondering if Sports Team might be the one for WG - no idea about John Peel though. Maybe Paolo Nutini? Any news/ideas/gossip/rumours?

Cheers

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Thats some bullshit. Totally fit in well on williams green or john peel. 

Yeah you'd have thought so. I'd have even said you could have squeezed them in early on Other if you were feeling adventurous

33 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Williams Green: 'huge pyramid level act' so I'm told by someone close enough to make a good call. Reflects back to the 50th anniversary plans, i.e. was arranged for 2020 too.

2020 was Sports Team I think?

1 minute ago, FCNeary said:

Not sure if it's already been covered but do you reckon we could see an appearance from The 1975? They are back with a new album this summer.

We had a rumour a while back that they were gonna do a secret set. No updates on the rumour since, but with what little info we have so far they’re probably a front runner for one of the Sunday TBAs.

On 6/11/2022 at 12:42 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

Been a bit busy this year, but will be creating the "confirmed sets" thread in the next couple of days.  This is the one that gets edited as new info comes in.  Can one of the secret set watchers on this thread compile the missing slots and any info we have into a single post, then I'll put it into a new topic under the @SecretGlasto account?

Not added any rumour info, but here's the slots

Park
Sunday - 18:15 - 19:15

John Peel
Sunday - 14:00 - 15:00

Arcadia
Friday - 23:00 - 01:00
Friday - 01:00 - 02:00 

BBC Intro
Friday - 19:30 - 20:15
Saturday - 13:00 - 13:30
Saturday - 18:45 - 19:30