Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

Just now, bigbilly said:

Don't shoot the messenger ha

Yeah of course not mate. Where did you get that info from?

Even though I'm not a fan of WA at all, a set from them there is cool... A DJ set seems stupid to me, especially considering it has a bit of a clash with Sam Fender

5 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Yeah of course not mate. Where did you get that info from?

Even though I'm not a fan of WA at all, a set from them there is cool... A DJ set seems stupid to me, especially considering it has a bit of a clash with Sam Fender

Don't really want to give my source away mate. Tbh if your a fan of wa the chance to get up close and personal whilst your fav band dj isn't the end of the world. Agree its not the same as watching a band olay though 

2 hours ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Which stage then as Park and Peel are the biggest with TBAs 🤔 Also he’s on tour in Germany on the Sunday 

That's the extent of my knowledge I'm afraid (and things may have changed). As I said, Park and Peel would be unlikely for him.  Perhaps the Greenpeace?

44 minutes ago, bigbilly said:

Don't really want to give my source away mate. Tbh if your a fan of wa the chance to get up close and personal whilst your fav band dj isn't the end of the world. Agree its not the same as watching a band olay though 

That's fair, thought that you'd seen it posted somewhere!

14 hours ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Yes the Vampire Weekend secret Park set was AMAZING! Wondering if any of the currently listed bands will do something similar. 

Completely disagree, thought it was w*nk. In fairness it could have either been the raging hangover or the fact they rudely woke me up in my tent in pennard but I remember thinking it was very underwhelming. 

I strongly remember not being a good state overall that early in the morning

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ed90 said:

That's the extent of my knowledge I'm afraid (and things may have changed). As I said, Park and Peel would be unlikely for him.  Perhaps the Greenpeace?

Greenpeace would be absolute carnage, for Barry piles. my bull shit sensor is touching cloth…

We need cold hard facts… now what do you have to say for yourself ?

• Upvote 1

On 6/8/2022 at 9:29 PM, Nessipessi said:

He was not on the lineup drop. You can see it from the screenshot in the tweet from 2017 (had to check if I was going insane or not) - 

Listed as a TBA on Saturday on the Other Stage.

They added a few names + a final poster 2 weeks later, including Liam.

The first two twitter replies made me laugh

4 hours ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Which stage then as Park and Peel are the biggest with TBAs 🤔 Also he’s on tour in Germany on the Sunday 

yeah what? he's not gonna play any other time?

1 hour ago, Radi0Head said:

Greenpeace would be absolute carnage, for Barry piles. my bull shit sensor is touching cloth…

We need cold hard facts… now what do you have to say for yourself ?

The guy has 60 comments on the forum and joined only a year ago. This really seems like "My mate's uncle's wife's cousin heard from his old schoolteacher" levels of trustworthy

6 hours ago, K2SO said:

The guy has 60 comments on the forum and joined only a year ago. This really seems like "My mate's uncle's wife's cousin heard from his old schoolteacher" levels of trustworthy

Hahaha. Seems I've been found out. If only I had 10,000 comments under my belt, then I'd be trustworthy. (Weirdly one of my 60 comments was knowledge of a Green Man artist last year).

Anyway, as I said that's the extent of my knowledge, but the stage organiser who told me was pretty drunk, and it was over a month ago.

• Like 2

Are we usually more certain this close to the festival? 

Swear in 2019 Foals were basically nailed on at this point? Feels like Paolo is the closest we've got this year, but lots seem to even be throwing doubt on him 

Could we be in for a genuine surprise?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ed90 said:

Hahaha. Seems I've been found out. If only I had 10,000 comments under my belt, then I'd be trustworthy. (Weirdly one of my 60 comments was knowledge of a Green Man artist last year).

Anyway, as I said that's the extent of my knowledge, but the stage organiser who told me was pretty drunk, and it was over a month ago.

Zoe Ball did choose to ask him about Glastonbury, and he did remain coy in answering it.  I'd certainly give this a lot more credence than Green Day.  Avalon stage, 11:30 - 12:30, Friday morning.  Calling it. 

46 minutes ago, ErnestWorthing said:

Zoe Ball did choose to ask him about Glastonbury, and he did remain coy in answering it.  I'd certainly give this a lot more credence than Green Day.  Avalon stage, 11:30 - 12:30, Friday morning.  Calling it. 

Good spot. However, Avalon actually opened in 2019 at the same time of 13:00 on Friday. It was even the same band!

HOBO JONES & THE JUNKYARD DOGS    13:00 - 13:55

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2019/#avalonstage

Unless of course, there was also a secret set on that year??

They kind of teased it on the OS with the 'sign of the times' post though..

IF  (and that's a pretty big if) Nasty Piles is playing, how about BBC Introducing Sat 13:00 - 13:30 ? Not sure if that area can be closed off at all however.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

IF  (and that's a pretty big if) Nasty Piles is playing, how about BBC Introducing Sat 13:00 - 13:30 ? Not sure if that area can be closed off at all however.

The new layout actually looks to me like it could be closed off relatively easily for BBC introducing...

2 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

The new layout actually looks to me like it could be closed off relatively easily for BBC introducing...

Blocking the 3 entrances between hedge rows not just from the path to the stage you mean?

BBC Intro also backs on the main backstage area

Edited by fightoffyour

Just now, fightoffyour said:

Blocking the 3 entrances between hedge rows not just from the path to the stage you mean?

Yeah, close off the whole area with stewards/gates and you've got the tent and plenty of spill over space if needed. As well as another route around to the pyramid.

15 hours ago, Ed90 said:

I've been fairly reliably informed that a former member of a boy band, turned actor/solo artist, whose name rhymes with Barry Piles, is a confirmed secret act. Would be surprised if this was Park or Peel (my money is on War on Drugs for one of those)

I thought about TWOD as well, but wouldn't they just be booked for the festival outright rather than a secret act? It'd be very cool but just not sure what they'd get from it I guess?

16 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Yeah, close off the whole area with stewards/gates and you've got the tent and plenty of spill over space if needed. As well as another route around to the pyramid.

Yeah, I'm feeling this. Doesn't really need longer than half hour either does he? If he turns up on Friday with someone else, I'd be thinking this one is on. Early Saturday before he shoots off to Germany.

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

I thought about TWOD as well, but wouldn't they just be booked for the festival outright rather than a secret act? It'd be very cool but just not sure what they'd get from it I guess?

They’re playing Bristol on the Monday evening and it doesn’t appear to have sold out. Perhaps they asked to only be announced once that show had sold out - presuming that would happen before the final poster. Since that didn’t happen, they agreed to be a secret set instead? 

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

Also my thinking re: TWOD. Why secret?

Dream secret sets for me still 1975 on JP and, out of nothing but blind hope, AF on Park. If that's a no go then have the 1975 on Park and Green Day in JP.

On 6/9/2022 at 9:29 AM, Gingerfish79 said:

I was really surprised and disappointed that The Mysterines weren't on the line-up. Checking their website they're definitely free. Williams Green Thursday?

They were on the line up for 2020, so I always presumed they’d be here in 2022. Same as you, I’m pretty surprised they’re not.