Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

29 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Vampire weekend did a secret set in 2019??

The Park 11:25 set was a TBA

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Opened the park stage on the Saturday morning.  Was absolutely magnificent 

As you got there first seconded, brilliant set!

10 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Now,  I'm not bold enough to say it isn't going to happen.. . But why would the hottest act in the world right now,  breaking records across the globe with his new album,  number 1 single in the UK for over a month need or want to do that? 

He'll headline the festival he doesn't need the promo of a secret set at the park right now 

Because he missed out on a ticket in the resale, this is the only way he can get in. 

Needs to see Hobo Jones for inspo on the next album.

18 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Yes the Vampire Weekend secret Park set was AMAZING! Wondering if any of the currently listed bands will do something similar. 

If we apply the same logic I'm calling it now and saying its going to be Noel Gallagher (Acoustic) or Sam Fender, wasn't Sam supposed to be on the Sunday anyway before Doja Cat dropped?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, circus92 said:

Ah c'mon let us dream 😊

I am still clinging onto the idea that Swifty is going to pop up somewhere and do a stripped back Folklore / Evermore set as a precursor to headlining the big one next year 🙏🤞

Folklore and evermore were my favourite albums in lockdown, I think they are exceptional. I would miss anyone on the lineup to see a swifty stripped back set.

I don't think she has done a gig in over 3 years though and is doing the taylors versions of albums.

Don't get me wrong I would love it to happen though.

16 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Does anyone know about Annie Mac? I’d made a note (from an NME article I think) that she was playing Stonebridge and Glade but now only Glade is listed. Hoping she’s playing elsewhere as the Glade set clashes horribly with other stuff. Secret set maybe? Hoping…

Ahh yes.. must've changed overnight as she was showing yesterday! Its now showing as 'Jamz Supernova' 23:00 - 05:00

She's got a Radio 1Xtra show

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Opened the park stage on the Saturday morning.  Was absolutely magnificent 

Damn. So secret I didn't even find out about it til 3 years later! I did end up seeing them on the pyramid and it was great, but that would have been awesome

3 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Damn. So secret I didn't even find out about it til 3 years later! I did end up seeing them on the pyramid and it was great, but that would have been awesome

it was good but it wasn't half the set that the pyramid one was. you didn't miss too much. 

49 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Vampire Weekend was a TBA on The Park or was totally unexpected?

Pretty sure the band announced/hinted it was them on social media that morning/earlier in the weekend, but it was definitely a total surprise up until that point. 

Excellent way to open the Saturday and just an excellent set overall. Knocked the previous nights hangover right out of me.

I've been fairly reliably informed that a former member of a boy band, turned actor/solo artist, whose name rhymes with Barry Piles, is a confirmed secret act. Would be surprised if this was Park or Peel (my money is on War on Drugs for one of those)

22 minutes ago, Ed90 said:

I've been fairly reliably informed that a former member of a boy band, turned actor/solo artist, whose name rhymes with Barry Piles, is a confirmed secret act. Would be surprised if this was Park or Peel (my money is on War on Drugs for one of those)

Which stage then as Park and Peel are the biggest with TBAs 🤔 Also he’s on tour in Germany on the Sunday 

Edited by CantWaitForGlasto22

Not sure if its already been discussed but the TBA on bbc intro Fri night is wolf Alice dj set

Edited by bigbilly

1 minute ago, K2SO said:

That's got to be one of the most disappointing secret sets ever... A DJ 

Don't shoot the messenger ha