Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

That Greenpeace TBA slot, Sat 20:45 - 21:30, is on their poster as a "super secret live guest".

I imagine it's someone who is already playing the festival, they often have main stage acts show up (Mattiel last time, Easy Life this year)

14 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

That Greenpeace TBA slot, Sat 20:45 - 21:30, is on their poster as a "super secret live guest".

There can be really good people on at the greenpeace stage.  In 2009 I saw Laura marling and (pre first album) Mumford and sons.  Neither of them were on the poster and Laura marling wasn't on any other stages. 

• Like 1

Now,  I'm not bold enough to say it isn't going to happen.. . But why would the hottest act in the world right now,  breaking records across the globe with his new album,  number 1 single in the UK for over a month need or want to do that? 

He'll headline the festival he doesn't need the promo of a secret set at the park right now 

27 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

I’ve been following this thread with interest! Anyone know if there’s any difference between the “TBC” and “TBA” listings? And what about the “super secret live” one on Greenpeace? Different ways of saying the same things or any significance?

I always thought TBC was they 90% know who it is but they haven't 100% committed yet so can't "confirm". TBA was they know who it is but for whatever reason (tour, other fests) can't say yet.

1 minute ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

🤣

Ah c'mon let us dream 😊

I am still clinging onto the idea that Swifty is going to pop up somewhere and do a stripped back Folklore / Evermore set as a precursor to headlining the big one next year 🙏🤞

4 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Ah c'mon let us dream 😊

I am still clinging onto the idea that Swifty is going to pop up somewhere and do a stripped back Folklore / Evermore set as a precursor to headlining the big one next year 🙏🤞

I’d much prefer it if she didn’t … don’t want to miss it 

6 hours ago, Nessipessi said:

Which secret sets have we had for the bigger stages last few years?

Foals last year, The Killers in 2017. IIRC we had a TBA/TBC slot at the other stage in 2017 too, which turned out to be Liam Gallagher. That was announced before the festival though. I don't think we had any on the bigger stages in 2016?

2017 Liam was on the line up when it dropped. Elbow were a TBA on The Park

44 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

2017 Liam was on the line up when it dropped. Elbow were a TBA on The Park

He was not on the lineup drop. You can see it from the screenshot in the tweet from 2017 (had to check if I was going insane or not) - 

Listed as a TBA on Saturday on the Other Stage.

They added a few names + a final poster 2 weeks later, including Liam.

11 minutes ago, Nessipessi said:

He was not on the lineup drop. You can see it from the screenshot in the tweet from 2017 (had to check if I was going insane or not) - 

Liam was added to the poster during the day on the 30th May (along with Lianne La Havas) and then removed again later on before being properly announced on the 12th June.

It was a weird one.

Screenshot_20220608-214307_Twitter.thumb.jpg.5f75facfd22d7dcf1c0de83372f2893c.jpg

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Nessipessi said:

I stand corrected.

15 hours ago, Nessipessi said:

Right. And Vampire Weekend (although already on the lineup elsewhere) at the Park last year. And then Radiohead/Thom York/Biffy Clyro/Franz Ferdinand++ in like 2007-2010. 

Paolo Nutini really underwhelming compared to those as he's not particularly "hot" right now in any way. A set in the Rabbit Hole would be cool though, but not for a big slot in the Park or at the John Peel stage.. I just don't get why he wouldn't already be announced if so if he were doing any of those. Not that massive right now, and wouldn't be a big surprise either considering he's playing in Bristol right before the festival..

Vampire weekend did a secret set in 2019??