Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

4 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

Are Nine Inch Nails a possibility? They’re free that weekend having ended a U.K. tour, playing in France on Thursday.

plus Yves Tumor who they’re touring with is also playing…?

Nah. Just not the kind of band who Glastobury would have as a secret set to begin with because, at large, it’s just not their audience, but also a festival exclusive at Hellfest and announced that their U.K. shows were their final shows of that tour. 

2 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

Are Nine Inch Nails a possibility? They’re free that weekend having ended a U.K. tour

They're playing at hellfest on the Friday so I'm doubtful that they would rush back to the UK to play on the saturday / sunday, could be wrong but I'd say it's the slimmest of odds that they will turn up

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/glastonbury-secret-set-green-day-7174678

Note that the only "source" is "fans speculating" - But Amyl and the Sniffers are on the same tour, so could be possible. Billie Joe was there in 2019 to support his son. 

Weezer and Fall Out Boy are also on tour with them.

They only have a tour gap on Sunday (when Amyl are playing) and it would mean playing 4 days in a row.

There are TBCs for The Park stage and John Peel on Sunday, but most people think the JP TBC will be Paolo Nutini.

7 minutes ago, Glast0baby said:

This thread is enormous! Could I get a recap of any serious rumour slots, or is it still wild speculation at this point?  Also, is there a good source for keeping track of the rumours when at the festival?

Only solid rumour is Paolo N playing JP 2pm Sunday. 

Park TBA is still up for grabs. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, nikkic said:

How solid is that rumour?  That's pretty much the only free space on my clashfinder all weekend so would be keen to be at that one ... but Paolo Nutini is a bit underwhelming to say the least

7 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

Paulo was really disappointing (to me anyway) at knebworth.

I appreciate I was pissed and he was a support act but initially I was looking forward to him more than liam.

He seemed liked he didn't want to be there, sure it would be better at Glastonbury.

I've heard the same from other people. I think it generally went down badly

17 minutes ago, circus92 said:

How solid is that rumour?  That's pretty much the only free space on my clashfinder all weekend so would be keen to be at that one ... but Paolo Nutini is a bit underwhelming to say the least

You’d have to ask @Neilon that.

Think it came with some certainty though.

13 minutes ago, nikkic said:

You’d have to ask @Neilon that.

Think it came with some certainty though.

And somebody else (can’t remember who) has said a connected friend of theirs told them Paolo was gonna be there ‘playing in a tent’ so that’s another bit to add to the Paolo rumour. 

Only thing against it is Neil heard it was Saturday, but that bit could’ve always been wrong. 

Paolo does seem like a step down from some of the other ones we’ve had in previous years on the big stages and I wonder if he’d have the same massive crowds turning up for him, or at least turning up and then sticking around.

Are there any other TBAs/Special Guests in any of the smaller tents that he could perhaps be taking?

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

I heard a few months ago from someone on his label that he is doing a secret set in Rabbit Hole… that could’ve changed. Or he’s one of the unbirthday surprises? 

23 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

And somebody else (can’t remember who) has said a connected friend of theirs told them Paolo was gonna be there ‘playing in a tent’ so that’s another bit to add to the Paolo rumour. 

Only thing against it is Neil heard it was Saturday, but that bit could’ve always been wrong. 

Paolo does seem like a step down from some of the other ones we’ve had in previous years on the big stages and I wonder if he’d have the same massive crowds turning up for him, or at least turning up and then sticking around.

Are there any other TBAs/Special Guests in any of the smaller tents that he could perhaps be taking?

Rabbit Hole Sat 21:00 - 22:00
Greenpeace Sat 20:45 - 21:30
BBC Intro Sat 13:00 - 13:30
Strummerville, loads (not tent)

2 minutes ago, Bat_89 said:

I heard a few months ago from someone on his label that he is doing a secret set in Rabbit Hole… that could’ve changed. Or he’s one of the unbirthday surprises? 

There we go then, Paolo Rabbit Hole Sat 21:00 - 22:00. Next!

Edited by fightoffyour

10 minutes ago, Bat_89 said:

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

There we go then, Paolo Rabbit Hole Sat 21:00 - 22:00. Next!

There we go. Back to the drawing board on those two Sunday TBAs.

Which secret sets have we had for the bigger stages last few years?

Foals last year, The Killers in 2017. IIRC we had a TBA/TBC slot at the other stage in 2017 too, which turned out to be Liam Gallagher. That was announced before the festival though. I don't think we had any on the bigger stages in 2016?

15 minutes ago, Nessipessi said:

Which secret sets have we had for the bigger stages last few years?

Foals last year, The Killers in 2017. IIRC we had a TBA/TBC slot at the other stage in 2017 too, which turned out to be Liam Gallagher. That was announced before the festival though. I don't think we had any on the bigger stages in 2016?

The Kooks on JPT in 2014.

40 minutes ago, briddj said:

The Kooks on JPT in 2014.

Right. And Vampire Weekend (although already on the lineup elsewhere) at the Park last year. And then Radiohead/Thom York/Biffy Clyro/Franz Ferdinand++ in like 2007-2010. 

Paolo Nutini really underwhelming compared to those as he's not particularly "hot" right now in any way. A set in the Rabbit Hole would be cool though, but not for a big slot in the Park or at the John Peel stage.. I just don't get why he wouldn't already be announced if so if he were doing any of those. Not that massive right now, and wouldn't be a big surprise either considering he's playing in Bristol right before the festival..