Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

On 6/3/2022 at 2:35 PM, dotdash79 said:

She is curating a day on bbc introducing that has a tba listed for that day. 

What day is she curating, probably Friday as she is performing before the TBA slot?

11 minutes ago, lazyred said:

Just got this email mentioning a Bristol show in 2 weeks. No details on the website though

Screenshot_2022-06-07-14-06-17-66_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.thumb.jpg.c694a0f64f01fb5146d59f485ea5892a.jpg

This was an error, apparently. No idea how it happened, but it was for their mini tour that happened about this time last year

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, watsonjm said:

Could Royal Blood be in for something?  They have a very Glasto shaped hole in there tour and our in Europe. 

Lots have a glasto shaped hole... I think they all kept incase they got asked to play. 

Bombay bicycle club, Royal blood, chvrches... are 3 that come straight to mind 

17 hours ago, smellyfeet said:

pavement, arcade fire, pixies, lcd soundsystem. any leads pls

Pavement have nothing between the 10th of June and September announced but I haven't heard any rumours surrounding them.  As much as I'd love it to happen, I'd say it's highly unlikely based on the relative popularity of the band.

Arcade Fire have been mentioned a few times but thats much wishful thinking than anything

Pixies are in France on Thursday and Italy on Saturday so that pretty much rules them out.

LCD soundsystem start their  London residency on the 27th of June.  I'm pretty sure that run is a  UK exclusive, there's a little interpretation in "The O2 Academy Brixton run will be LCD Soundsystem’s first UK shows in over four years and their only European headline dates in 2022" but that reads more to me like they could pop up in europe in a non headline spot rather than doing a show in Glastonbury as a warm up.  

Though out of the list, they're probably the most likely but that's not saying much

21 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Given his set supporting Liam, there will be a lot of disappointed people if Paolo is one of the secret sets… Instantly forgettable and didn’t play at least two big hits.

Yeah I suppose given his new album isn’t due until a week after the festival and he seems to be playing a lot of it it  could fall a bit flat, especially considering he ignores his first album entirely these days. 

Neil’s info for Paolo was specifically for the Saturday, so I guess there’s still a chance that it was wrong and one of the Sunday TBAs is somebody else entirely. 

7 minutes ago, SGR said:

What about Adele as a warm up ahead of her Hyde Park gigs the following weekend? She has history with the festival.... 

Surely one of those that'd be too big for a secret set. The killers were just about manageable from the crowd but putting Adele on could cause a serious crush risk. 

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I suppose given his new album isn’t due until a week after the festival and he seems to be playing a lot of it it  could fall a bit flat, especially considering he ignores his first album entirely these days. 

Neil’s info for Paolo was specifically for the Saturday, so I guess there’s still a chance that it was wrong and one of the Sunday TBAs is somebody else entirely. 

I don't mind him, but isn't he an extremely boring act for a secret set?

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Why is no-one talking about War on Drugs? I'm, from out of nowhere, hanging my hat on that for the Park. 

They're already playing Hyde Park on the Saturday and Bristol on the Monday. Seems unlikely.