Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

7 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Which TBA do we think they're likely to be then?

100% I would be there.

Well we’ve had info that Paolo is gonna be there and playing in a tent, so guess that’s him for the John Peel (although Neil’s info said Saturday so that puts a little bit of doubt on that one…)

Seem a good bet for the Park slot I’d say, but I’m sure it’ll become clear nearer the time/on the day so nobody needs to worry that they’ll get the stage wrong and turn up for the wrong one or anything. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, March Hare said:

Tbf you could put them in John Peel and not have to worry about overcrowding 

Lol, no way. They would have to close off access to the field. 

Gonna go with the long shots and say Nine Inch Nails is The Park one and Aphex Twin is the Friday Night Arcadia. Paolo seems to be the JP so Ill stick with the odds on fave in that category. Although its going to be terrible waiting for Sports Team.

Just now, Suprefan said:

Gonna go with the long shots and say Nine Inch Nails is The Park one and Aphex Twin is the Friday Night Arcadia. Paolo seems to be the JP so Ill stick with the odds on fave in that category. Although its going to be terrible waiting for Sports Team.

Ooof Aphex Twin would be a treat

3 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

No way it’s gonna be NIN. Just not the type of act Glastonbury would book for a secret set tbh (or possibly even book at all these days). I’d love it, but incredibly unlikely. 

Didnt we have word that Aphex had pulled his Glastonbury set? (His Arcadia one, at least).

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Seem a good bet for the Park slot I’d say, but I’m sure it’ll become clear nearer the time/on the day so nobody needs to worry that they’ll get the stage wrong and turn up for the wrong one or anything. 

Now this would be cruel. Clashes with McFly. Nightmare.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

No way it’s gonna be NIN. Just not the type of act Glastonbury would book for a secret set tbh (or possibly even book at all these days). I’d love it, but incredibly unlikely. 

Didnt we have word that Aphex had pulled his Glastonbury set? (His Arcadia one, at least).

Yet still arguments over Green Day and if they do or dont belong? Yes, there was word Aphex pulled from Arcadia, but thats from being officially billed. Who says he didnt just change his mind and would rather it be sort of a secret? I mean its a 2 hour time slot. Its that or The Chems.

At this point for myself, those tbc's on Jp and Park likely do nothing for me. I really only went to The Killers  last time cause I knew it would be a madhouse and great energy even though I dont like them much. Made it much easier to be at the barrier for Goldfrapp afterwards.

Edited by Suprefan

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

It's not Aphex. He was due to play Arcadia and then pulled out. Very reliable intel. Sadly...

Ben

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Putting my head on a chopping block. I’ve heard from someone that the 1975 are indeed the special guest.

Source: someone working in artist hospitality this year heard the band is on site.

I really hope you are right - this whole line up is brilliant already and this would just top it off for me.  Would be my number one choice for special guest (closely followed by Arcade Fire)

I am just hoping now that it is on JP, as that TBC is literally one of the few spots throughout the whole weekend where I have nothing to see.  Please let it be true 🙏

2 minutes ago, Btyler said:

I’d be shocked if they’re (the 1975) JP and not the park , they headlined leeds , they’d defo need the expanse of the park

Completely agree .... but I want them in the JP as the Park slot would completely upend my day!   Also, The Killers did the JP

1 minute ago, circus92 said:

Completely agree .... but I want them in the JP as the Park slot would completely upend my day!   Also, The Killers did the JP

This is fair! The park slot suits me a lot better .. classic biases affecting opinion 😂