Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

11 hours ago, Bradders said:

I’d love a Tranquility Base-heavy Mellow Monkeys set.

Four Out of Five

Star Treatment

Cornerstone

Piledriver Waltz

American Sports

TBH&C

Love is a Laserquest

Batphone

One Point Perspective

Riot Van

Reckless Serenade

Suck it and See

That’s Where You’re Wrong

This set deserves A Certain Romance as a one-off classic closer

• Upvote 1

I've seen Arctics 7 times and Glasto 2013 was probably the worst of the lot. Maybe I had overhyped my expectation in the lead up, but I was at the back of the pit and the crowd had lost interest after the first 3-4 songs. Even Mardy Bum didn't bring things back up. 

Edited by reflekting

I saw AM in 2018 and was not that impressed, pretty dull live vs any other band just no energy at all. Seeing them again this year in Portugal and would defo see them at glasto though, they have the tunes!

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

I saw AM in 2018 and was not that impressed, pretty dull live vs any other band just no energy at all. Seeing them again this year in Portugal and would defo see them at glasto though, they have the tunes!

Cheers gfa mate their tunes are defo good enough genuinely believe that

Hi,

What seems like a lifetime ago I was signed up to a text service that someone was running over the course of the festival where they sent either confirmed secret set times or cryptic(ish) clues about the TBC's

Does this still exist and if so where do I sign up?

Ta

Lees23

3 minutes ago, Lees23 said:

Hi,

What seems like a lifetime ago I was signed up to a text service that someone was running over the course of the festival where they sent either confirmed secret set times or cryptic(ish) clues about the TBC's

Does this still exist and if so where do I sign up?

Ta

Lees23

@secretglasto on Twitter

14 hours ago, zeppelin said:

I wasn't at the 2013 set (opted for Portishead) but I've seen AM a number of times and thoroughly enjoyed each one! 

I have, however, realised how easy I am to please when it comes to live acts. Which is a good thing I suppose 😁

I think Friday 2013 was probably the biggest clashfest in the history of Glastonbury

16 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I’ve said time and time again most of the “Arctics fucked it” narrative is driven by people who weren’t even there.

I had a great time that night.

I had a good time that night, they didn't 'fuck it' but neither was it one of the best headline sets ever like a previous poster stated. It wasn't even the best Pyramid headline set of that weekend.

21 hours ago, nikkic said:

Arctic Monkeys don’t have a problem producing great albums, they have a problem performing them.

Great albums. Absolute pony live.

(I’d still be there for a secret set though). 

Same opinion here. They are a studio band (and a fantastic one at that), not a live band.

20 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Can’t believe me eyes. I’ve seen them at least twice on each tour since 2007 and I’ve always thought they were mega live. Glastonbury 2013 set was class. Last time I seen them at Sheffield they were class. One of the most consistent live bands I think. 

What exactly is it you think they’re lacking live?

They released a live DVD that featured zero crowd footage. That neatly sums up the AM live experience, that have absolutely no idea how to interact with a crowd. 

20 minutes ago, ErnestWorthing said:

They released a live DVD that featured zero crowd footage. That neatly sums up the AM live experience, that have absolutely no idea how to interact with a crowd. 

Do you mean live at the apollo? Because I'm pretty sure that was filmed and screened live (directed by Richard Ayaoade!) and was a fairly different 'take' on a live DVD which might explain that stylistic decision a little. Fwiw I think they're a very very tight live band with an excellent back catalogue. I think their 2013 set is excellent but I've also seen them and they've not held the crowd (eg Leeds 2009 just after Humbug came out). I'd be there and I'd have a great time but horses for courses. 

30 minutes ago, ErnestWorthing said:

I know mate I’ve got the record. Sounds great to me. Don’t need a lead singer to lick my arse to enjoy a show and have always found it a bit bizarre that people did.