Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, GeezLouise said:

Any new theories on Miserably Dressed? I'm getting obsessed.  My friend informs me that Disassemble Dryer is an anagram which, let's face it, is absolutely zero help but I like the enthusiasm. 

The anagram approach doesn't seem to be bearing fruit:
https://www.crosswordsolver.com/anagram-solver/MISERABLY DRESSED

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Ghost would be a insane secret set. They charge a lot though so not sure it would be them. Their merch alone is extortionate 

Yeah them pretty much being an outright headliner these days is certainly a factor in it not being them, and I find it strange that the festival would ever even approach them, but who knows? Maybe they really want to do it.

If Miserably Dressed end up on the Truth Stage come the full stage/timings release then some serious digging is gonna have to be done. 

Edited by FloorFiller

7 minutes ago, GeezLouise said:

I'm going to give Ghost a listen today but I didn't realise they were 80s rock -esque, which has decreased my interest (sorry!)

I would love Miserably Dressed to be Nick Cave

Edit: just remembered about his son, ignore me. Jeez. 

Even if Cave's son hadn't passed away he's got gigs in Germany/Czech Rep most of that weekend (not sure if they're still going ahead or not).

On 5/7/2022 at 1:35 PM, FloorFiller said:

Calling @CaledonianGonzo

Although I think I speak for literally anybody that nobody wants to hear Jack White do his Bond theme. 

I love a Bond theme at the G. Managed to see down the years:

• Shirley Bassey - Goldfinger/Moonraker/Diamonds...
  • Macca - L&LD
  • Adele - Skyfall

Tom Jones, Sheryl Crow and Garbage all let the side down by not playing theirs.

On 5/12/2022 at 10:38 AM, Mwk525 said:

Ghost are getting my vote. We had a bit of info they could be playing and the way they dress all adds up to me. 
But I’m a massive ghost fan so it could just be me manifesting them to play.

I really hope so, I’m also trying to manifest them to play. The Universe did not align correctly for me to see them on their UK dates recently. I have a weird feeling they are playing

56 minutes ago, Squ1re5 said:

50 cent is touring and in the UK around that time, he's playing at Park Life.

Surely he must be a strong rumour? Would be great to have him at Glastonbury. 

Cheers, Ryan

Nah I imagine his fee is quite high and I doubt he gives a shit about playing Glastonbury.

On 5/12/2022 at 10:07 AM, GeezLouise said:

Any new theories on Miserably Dressed? I'm getting obsessed.  My friend informs me that Disassemble Dryer is an anagram which, let's face it, is absolutely zero help but I like the enthusiasm. 

I'm still holding onto My chemical romance. Miserably dressed = black parade. They've also got nothing on glasto weekend 

3 minutes ago, spg said:

I'm still holding onto My chemical romance. Miserably dressed = black parade. They've also got nothing on glasto weekend 

But have also cancelled gigs just before Glastonbury meaning their last Europe gig is now June 14. Doesn’t make much sense for them to hang around for another ten days, as much as I’d love it to be them. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

But have also cancelled gigs just before Glastonbury meaning their last Europe gig is now June 14. Doesn’t make much sense for them to hang around for another ten days, as much as I’d love it to be them. 

Surely they'd be too big to play a random slot in the South East Corner too. I would, without a doubt, be there for it though!

1 minute ago, Euphoricape said:

Is the arctic monkeys rumour still going or are they ruled out now..?

Not ruled out by any means, just nothing more to the rumour than some guy saying they’d heard it so who knows if it’s legit or not. Does seem like them on the Park would cause a mental crowd, but they’ve had Radiohead and The Killers do secret sets on small stages in the past so not unheard of to have huge bands do it. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/7/2022 at 3:47 PM, Matt42 said:

In theory which area can hold the most people? JP or Park?

Because AM at the Park just sounds crazy dangerous to me. They are a proper headline band, if word got out or there wasn’t a strong alternative I could see it getting dangerous.

If arctic monkeys just did Tranquility Base Hotel then then the capacity would be fine.

The Libertines? 

Haven't seen them mentioned here, maybe for good reason... But Pete(r) Doherty interviewed today in The Guardian and it says they're touring this summer, the first dates are UK according to Ticketmaster, June 30th Bristol. 

🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, am00 said:

The Libertines? 

Haven't seen them mentioned here, maybe for good reason... But Pete(r) Doherty interviewed today in The Guardian and it says they're touring this summer, the first dates are UK according to Ticketmaster, June 30th Bristol. 

🤷‍♀️

I could definitely see this happening