Volunteering 2022

stuie

6 hours ago, balti-pie said:

I’ve gone and got the much-heralded early shifts! Woop! I’ll be there from Saturday 18th now, which is great, but also means it’s a really long stretch meaning extra clothes, money, food to bring, etc etc . . . I’d really best start sorting out a bed too, seeing as I’ll be sleeping in it for a week . . . 

I’ve got early shifts too. Can’t wait!

15 minutes ago, Pipine said:

People who’ve camped in Toms field before.. do we use the showers and toilets in Alcatraz? Or are there other showers? 

Alcatraz?

Do you mean the ones that are on like a truck unit that have individual cubicles then yes that's the only ones I've used in recent years. When I 1st did recycling crew in 2005 it was only communal showers and in 2010 a mix of communal and the cubicle ones.  Since then only the cubicles have been available as far as I'm aware

9 hours ago, dondo said:

Alcatraz?

Do you mean the ones that are on like a truck unit that have individual cubicles then yes that's the only ones I've used in recent years. When I 1st did recycling crew in 2005 it was only communal showers and in 2010 a mix of communal and the cubicle ones.  Since then only the cubicles have been available as far as I'm aware

Alcatraz is a permanent  building which has showers, toilets, washing machines etc next to the big red barn, we used it when we worked for water aid on worthy pastures last year.. thinking about it I think it had 2019 carved in a stone on the front.. so maybe it was only built post festival last time? 

6 minutes ago, Pipine said:

Alcatraz is a permanent  building which has showers, toilets, washing machines etc next to the big red barn, we used it when we worked for water aid on worthy pastures last year.. thinking about it I think it had 2019 carved in a stone on the front.. so maybe it was only built post festival last time? 

That building is absolutely fantastic and count yourself blessed if that building is available for us in a few weeks time. The mobile shower blocks are fine but for real that block is next level festival comfort.

I appreciate my opinion can be skewed after many years of military "showers" but not that skewed. 

28 minutes ago, Pipine said:

19 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

That building is absolutely fantastic and count yourself blessed if that building is available for us in a few weeks time. The mobile shower blocks are fine but for real that block is next level festival comfort.

I appreciate my opinion can be skewed after many years of military "showers" but not that skewed. 

I was not aware of the Alcatraz block but will certainly sounds worth checking out to see if we can use it

2 minutes ago, dondo said:

I was not aware of the Alcatraz block but will certainly sounds worth checking out to see if we can use it

Mate, it's mega. Large cubicles etc BUT limited in number. It has fecking washer / dryer's. May bring some loads from home...

The biggest issue really is people taking too long in the showers. 30 seconds rinse. 30 seconds soap. 30 seconds rinse. NEXT 

Folk singing and taking " me" time! Do that when you get home 😂

26 minutes ago, dondo said:

In regards to the Monday evening meet up. Happy to set up a WhatsApp group if that would help?

oxfam did a crew bar pub crawl on the monday evening but the only downside is that it then takes forever to be served so me and a few others broke away from the main pub crawl and went a few bars ahead of them, still caught up with alot of them over night so i wasnt being totally anti social i just wanted beers haha

8 minutes ago, abiwish said:

great news that a few e-festers got earlies! chuffed for you all.

Monday meet-up sounds great. I'm on the monday bristol bus and all other mates going have tickets, so will be going solo in Oxfield.

i did the same in 2019, are youre friends in east campervan field becuase its only a short walk to see them on the tuesday night and then when youre sat together on the hill looking across at gate C you can stroll down the hill, show youre pass and re-enter the festival through the little door and carry on drinking at the bars haha (obviously they cant go through the little door though haha)

Edited by gazzared

2 minutes ago, gazzared said:

i did the same in 2019, are youre friends in east campervan field becuase its only a short walk to see them on the tuesday night and then when youre sat together on the hill looking across at gate C you can stroll down the hill, show youre pass and re-enter the festival through the little door and carry on drinking at the bars haha (obviously they cant go through the little door though haha)

sadly not and I think they're going to camp in Paines ground so couldn't be further away!

I had presumed I would just be able to go join them in general camping as didn't realise that you have to stay in Oxfield. But oh well, sure it'll be fine.

36 minutes ago, Wurzelcat said:

Was fretting as didn't get my oxfam email yesterday,  gave the office a prod today and yay, earlies!

There seems to be a few of us on here with earlies. Anyone know how many get earlies out of the total number of stewards?