Volunteering 2022

stuie

Well done to those that got the pre festival shifts. 

I know it has been mooted before but was thinking of trying to organise an efests crew/volunteer meet up on the Monday evening.

The Tow and Hitch (Arcadia crew bar) is a nice spot so how about there?  Happy to take suggestions on time

Not sure if worth starting a separate thread about it?

2 minutes ago, dondo said:

I know it has been mooted before but was thinking of trying to organise an efests crew/volunteer meet up on the Monday evening.

The Tow and Hitch (Arcadia crew bar) is a nice spot so how about there?  Happy to take suggestions on time

Hey Dondo - that is a nice spot. 

Perhaps we should just set a time and place and roll with it, love to come and meet some of you. 

1 minute ago, joeltg said:

Hey Dondo - that is a nice spot. 

Perhaps we should just set a time and place and roll with it, love to come and meet some of you. 

OK. How about 7pm at the Tow and Hitch

49 minutes ago, dondo said:

I’m up for this! 

I got early shifts last year but obviously lightning rarely strikes twice! @Amani@JayBalls @balti-pie - your 3 shifts will all be same time same place. So you will get 3 mornings, 3 afternoon/evenings OR 3 nights.

As it is pre-festival, you can just write off the days for your night shifts & have a day to sleep it off before the action begins - which kind of makes the night shift better than the one-off mid festival. The days are also fairly uneventful. Your main task will be on vehicle gates checking wristbands and the days before the festival are peak ‘sneaking in’ time. Everyone should be challenged, ensure wristbands are on wrists, not being carried, work with security to check the back of vans etc. If Michael Eavis appears - he will want you to check him too!

Other things can be checking edge of Oxfield or possibly parking up the camper and caravans in Oxfield.

It is a golden ticket - Last year I was there before the cider bus! It’s amazing to be on site at that stage in the build and see how much goes up in the last couple of days! Enjoy it! x

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, amfy said:

I got early shifts last year but obviously lightning rarely strikes twice! @Amani@JayBalls @balti-pie - your 3 shifts will all be same time same place. So you will get 3 mornings, 3 afternoon/evenings OR 3 nights.

As it is pre-festival, you can just write off the days for your night shifts & have a day to sleep it off before the action begins - which kind of makes the night shift better than the one-off mid festival. The days are also fairly uneventful. Your main task will be on vehicle gates checking wristbands and the days before the festival are peak ‘sneaking in’ time. Everyone should be challenged, ensure wristbands are on wrists, not being carried, work with security to check the back of vans etc. If Michael Eavis appears - he will want you to check him too!

Other things can be checking edge of Oxfield or possibly parking up the camper and caravans in Oxfield.

It is a golden ticket - Last year I was there before the cider bus! It’s amazing to be on site at that stage in the build and see how much goes up in the last couple of days! Enjoy it! x

Brilliant info @amfywill take these tips on board. Thank you very much.

Also - the first rule about early shifts.....Don’t talk about the early shifts!

You will increase your chances of it happening again (not by much but you never know) if you do a good job, and say NOTHING on social media!  Here you aren’t in your real names - but definitely avoid mentioning it, even to give advice to others, on any Facebook or Twitter groups.

Definitely, any pics of the site or wristbands in the days you are working are frowned on.

On 5/31/2022 at 2:30 PM, prestonmanc said:

Thanks @abiwish  Is this the one asking for 6 x 13 hr paid shifts and one day off during the festival?

I'm still desperately looking for tickets, but CTM seemed less of an opportunity to experience the festival and more of a 'proper job'.

@prestonmanc wateraid are still looking for volunteers. 6 hr shift x 4 days 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Nice problem to have though, I’ll not moan about it! Food vans etc on the main site don’t really rock up and start operating til Monday at the earliest, so we’ll be at the behest of oxfam catering and what we bring ourselves - and id imagine we might get an extra couple of shower tokens for the extra duration of time we’re there - but I’m set on completing that last shift and strolling back to the oxfield with it all in front of us, marvellous scenes! 

Congrats! I look forward to you staffing the gates on my arrival on Sunday. I'll pack the orange chips.

7 minutes ago, stuie said:

See you there! How will we know who we are? 😂

I've got a feeling it will be obvious but if anyone is unsure of who I am ill have an efests t shirt on with "JayBalls" on the back 😅

Edited by JayBalls

37 minutes ago, amfy said:

Also - the first rule about early shifts.....Don’t talk about the early shifts!

You will increase your chances of it happening again (not by much but you never know) if you do a good job, and say NOTHING on social media!  Here you aren’t in your real names - but definitely avoid mentioning it, even to give advice to others, on any Facebook or Twitter groups.

Definitely, any pics of the site or wristbands in the days you are working are frowned on.

I’m more than happy to follow those guidelines tbf, I can definitely do discreet. I’m almost more excited about seeing the last bit of the set-up and process as it unfolds than I am having an uninterrupted festival, I was planning on lots of t+c ahead of the music lineup as it was 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I shall come encased in pastry, with a mildly spicy interior 

27 minutes ago, JayBalls said:

I've got a feeling it will be obvious but if anyone is unsure of who I am ill have an efests t shirt on with "JayBalls" on the back 😅

I’m not sure either of these are serious answers! 😂