Volunteering 2022

stuie

14 hours ago, Isaaclk said:

A, B or C please. Only act i need to see over the weekend is Kendrick!!

Ha saaame! I'm doing quite well at not getting excited by specifics of the line up before knowing what shifts I'll be doing, aside from Kendrick. That's the only one I'm worried about missing!

Just now, Watergirl said:

Does anyone know if as Oxfam volunteers we can get our hands on the festival program? I only want one and would be happy to pay for it if needed. I can't remember if they sell them at the info stands.

In previous years - usual caveat about no guarantee it stays the same - Oxfam volunteers have been given the option to collect programmes, but I think usually not until Wednesday or Thursday for whatever reason.

They are also available from info points at a cost, but can't remember how much.

34 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

Does anyone know if as Oxfam volunteers we can get our hands on the festival program? I only want one and would be happy to pay for it if needed. I can't remember if they sell them at the info stands.

I've come away with one every year! Think you're supposed to buy them at the info points but I've always just been handed it at gate B. 

1 hour ago, Watergirl said:

2019 they were made available in the Oxfield next to marquee around Weds/Thursday 

On 5/6/2022 at 1:13 PM, Jay Pee said:

Random things often stick in the memory post Glastonbury.  In 2019, It was quite a sight to see the amount of people that had dragged bedding into the woods adjacent to Toms Field to try and get a nap somewhere that was cooler than a tent.  So hot

Yeah, 2018 I was working on VG5 8am to 4pm Sun-Tues.  It was so hot, and we had no shade on the Oxfam field, so I took myself down to the permaculture garden for a nap in the shade - lovely and peaceful!

On 5/16/2022 at 9:25 AM, jfaragher said:

Yeah, 2018 I was working on VG5 8am to 4pm Sun-Tues.  It was so hot, and we had no shade on the Oxfam field, so I took myself down to the permaculture garden for a nap in the shade - lovely and peaceful!

A relaxing spot indeed. Had a few moments in there myself.  Naps in the shade rule

38 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

anyone ever done sherparing at worthy view ? a colleague is doing this and the shifts seem decent plus tips ? 

Never heard of it at Glastonbury before. I recall the Jolly Green Sherpas being at Boardmasters in 2016 for arrivals, all the staff buggered off before departure were needed, I have never come across them since. Looks like they are back at Boardmasters this year..... https://www.facebook.com/jollygreensherpas/ 

25 minutes ago, joeltg said:

Saw it mentioned on this thread Crazyfool, can't remember by who. 

Nice idea though if quite a few of us are are kicking around Monday/Tuesday. 

I may have thrown the idea out, maybe ,  but I really can't organize it, I won't have much access to efests leading up to the festival . Be nice though one day pre gates opening .