Volunteering 2022

stuie

6 minutes ago, Field of Avalon said:

Just a quick question. Does anyone know the duration of your stay if successful when trying for Oxfam places tomorrow. I know you have to arrive on the Monday before but when can you leave. Also do you have to pay a deposit tomorrow if successful. 

Your place isn't booked until you pay the deposit. 

You can leave anytime after your last shift, which is sometime on Sunday for most people. Could in theory be Saturday night if you're lucky.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Field of Avalon said:

Just a quick question. Does anyone know the duration of your stay if successful when trying for Oxfam places tomorrow. I know you have to arrive on the Monday before but when can you leave. Also do you have to pay a deposit tomorrow if successful. 

You have to arrive on either the Monday or Tuesday (your choice) before the Festival. Assume that the latest arrival will be 6pm each day, though it may stretch slightly later.

You can leave any time after your shifts are completed. If you're really lucky with shifts, then this could be as early as Saturday 2pm - however at the other end it could be as late as Monday 6am (normal pattern) or 2pm (if you tick the "available Monday" box).

If you apply for early shifts, then in the exceptionally unlikely event that you're allocate them, you'd be arriving on the Saturday before the Festival, and your final shift would be before the gates open to the public so you can work to your own schedule.

You do have to pay a full deposit straight away - this acts as confirmation of the place.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Field of Avalon said:

You can leave after your last shift, but you won’t know your shift pattern til you get there. The latest it can be is overnight on Sunday finishing at 8am.

(The earliest I am not so sure of but there is a shift pattern on this thread somewhere which would help.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Field of Avalon said:

Cheers for the reply’s much appreciated. Not a chance I’d leave early if my last shift finished on the Saturday. That is assuming you aren’t forced to leave 😂.

Nah, festival is yours. 5pm Monday is the time to be off site, and tbh you could probably get away with later in the crew camping. Not that you'd necessarily want to.

3 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Nah, festival is yours. 5pm Monday is the time to be off site, and tbh you could probably get away with later in the crew camping. Not that you'd necessarily want to.

5pm sounds like a great time to leave. Always left at 5/6am to beat the traffic before so to stay later sounds good.

Wow so quick to run out again!  I was on a teams work call but tried at 10:30.  By the time I'd selected and checked the boxes it said unavailable! 

1 minute ago, joeltg said:

The rest of my group missed out, so going to be a different festival this year being solo - gutted for them.

It's been said a thousand times in this thread, but people will drop out, and spots will open up over the next couple months - generally without notice, and possibly at odd hours. Persistence in checking the site frequently will pay off if they're willing & able to keep the dates free.