Volunteering 2022

stuie

Just received this email from Oxfam:

More Glastonbury Places Land Next Week!

Missed out on the Glastonbury ticket resale? There's still a chance to come this year as an Oxfam Steward!

We're excited to announce that we will be releasing a big new batch of Glastonbury Stewarding places next week! These will hit our website at 10:30am on Wednesday 20th. Make sure you're there and ready at 10:30 sharp to get the best chance of grabbing one, as they can fill very fast.

7 minutes ago, Tr234 said:

Just received this email from Oxfam:

More Glastonbury Places Land Next Week!

Missed out on the Glastonbury ticket resale? There's still a chance to come this year as an Oxfam Steward!

We're excited to announce that we will be releasing a big new batch of Glastonbury Stewarding places next week! These will hit our website at 10:30am on Wednesday 20th. Make sure you're there and ready at 10:30 sharp to get the best chance of grabbing one, as they can fill very fast.

Just saw this - great news!

I hope they are going to make the Oxfield bigger haha all things point to there being a good amount more stewards at the festival this year.... and the campsite was rammed to capacity last time...  and more toilets/showers etc etc... 

Hope its been thought through. 

• Upvote 1

Great news for the extra volunteer slots, good luck everyone!

I've currently got a pal who's in the process of applying for the Campaign slot - do we think these new steward places will be unnavaiable to those already in the midst of applying for the Campaign ones?

Have seen people mention that when you have a place / have selected a festival, it then becomes greyed out / removed from the list

Thanks!

3 hours ago, leath02 said:

Great news for the extra volunteer slots, good luck everyone!

I've currently got a pal who's in the process of applying for the Campaign slot - do we think these new steward places will be unnavaiable to those already in the midst of applying for the Campaign ones?

Have seen people mention that when you have a place / have selected a festival, it then becomes greyed out / removed from the list

Thanks!

You can only apply for one role at a time which is why the festival has disappeared from your list when you log on 

If you change your mind then you have to withdraw that application before applying for the new role. It might take a day or two for the cancellation to go through. 

Just now, Losing my hair said:

You can only apply for one role at a time which is why the festival has disappeared from your list when you log on 

If you change your mind then you have to withdraw that application before applying for the new role. It might take a day or two for the cancellation to go through. 

Thanks! Will pass on to my mate

Feel like they should stick at the campaign route tbh, rather than risk the bunfight of another 1minute sell out like last time on the steward places

2 minutes ago, leath02 said:

Thanks! Will pass on to my mate

Feel like they should stick at the campaign route tbh, rather than risk the bunfight of another 1minute sell out like last time on the steward places

That's what I'd do, 10:30 next Wed will be worse than T day. There'll be other stewarding chances available right up to the last week if their Campaign application is unsuccessful. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

That's what I'd do, 10:30 next Wed will be worse than T day. There'll be other stewarding chances available right up to the last week if their Campaign application is unsuccessful. 

Yeah - persistence especially in the month or so leading up to the festival will give much better odds than the scramble next week, which a lot of people will see as possibly their very last chance and if they're unsuccessful pretty much give up hope.

3 minutes ago, Havors said:

By the way, does anyone recall if there was an actual coop on site in 2019? Just planning my ice strategy for 7 days there 🙂

Yes there definitely was, numerous pit stops for ice were had!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Havors said:

I hope they are going to make the Oxfield bigger haha all things point to there being a good amount more stewards at the festival this year.... and the campsite was rammed to capacity last time...  and more toilets/showers etc etc... 

Hope its been thought through. 

I know there are extra places overall this year but I think these are all from people who got tickets in the resale. 

But yes, I think we'll need more space then previous years

4 hours ago, incident said:

Yeah - persistence especially in the month or so leading up to the festival will give much better odds than the scramble next week, which a lot of people will see as possibly their very last chance and if they're unsuccessful pretty much give up hope.

This - has worked that way for me in the past. This year for me is Oxfam at Bearded and the new Boomtown compact layout, the latter so I can lose my rag at the Polish takedown crew again and this time avoid being run over by their van in protest...

On 4/12/2022 at 8:38 AM, abiwish said:

Bagged an oxfam place last night!! Checked the page just before I went to sleep at about midnight and there it was! So chuffed.

What page checker software did you use? I have Distill atm and it checks it every 5 seconds, which means it opens a tab every 5 seconds, it's quite annoying, did yours differ in any way?

Hello! 

My friend and I are volunteering this year and i was just wondering if you get any extra facilities what with being in the volunteering campsite. For example - i have a much comfier airbed that required a 3 pin plug connection to go up. Would I be able to get access to an AC outlet to blow it up? 

Thanks!

G

5 minutes ago, Gxxx said:

Hello! 

My friend and I are volunteering this year and i was just wondering if you get any extra facilities what with being in the volunteering campsite. For example - i have a much comfier airbed that required a 3 pin plug connection to go up. Would I be able to get access to an AC outlet to blow it up? 

Thanks!

G

are you working for oxfam, or someone else? In the oxfield there's plug points so you'd definitely be able to blow it up 👍

Edited by balti-pie
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

are you working for oxfam, or someone else? In the oxfield there's plug points so you'd definitely be able to blow it up 👍

That may not be correct.

Without going into a rant about this (and I really could) - someone can make themselves extremely unpopular very quickly if they plug a high draw device into communal power sockets and blow the circuit.

Most crews including Oxfam say outright that the plugs are intended only for charging Phones and Power Banks, and they're not to be used for any other devices. I've seen shouting matches resulting from some fool ignoring that and plugging a hairdryer or straighteners in, taking the entire circuit down.

I don't know what the power draw for this airbed would be, but I would strongly suggest getting confirmation from the specific crew that a. sockets will be provided, and b. they can support the power draw required.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gxxx said:

Thanks for all the replies ☺️

Im volunteering for Shelter!

I unfortunately have absolutely no idea what the power draw of the airbed is, it takes about 2 mins to inflate if that helps?

There's loads of battery operated pumps on the market!  I'd look at those to be honest!

No one wants to blow the power and be unpopular haha