Volunteering 2022

stuie

On 4/8/2022 at 6:53 PM, stuie said:

@abiwishI have a page tracker on it.  It's gone off a few times this week with other Beautiful Days and 2000 Trees but on Tuesday morning got an alert and managed to select Glastonbury and Steward and continue, but then it said 'Role not available' so I think I just missed one. 

If I get one I'll post on here the second after.

Ahh I have one too but it wasn't picking up on steward places going up because shop and campaign were still available, hopefully now campaign is gone it should work! I also had the same thing where a couple times I spotted a places but it didn't let me proceed for same reason, wasn't sure if they were glitches or a space disappearing really quickly. Fingers crossed for us!

3 minutes ago, abiwish said:

Ahh I have one too but it wasn't picking up on steward places going up because shop and campaign were still available, hopefully now campaign is gone it should work! I also had the same thing where a couple times I spotted a places but it didn't let me proceed for same reason, wasn't sure if they were glitches or a space disappearing really quickly. Fingers crossed for us!

Mine is detecting any changes on the page, so it's creating false alarms when other festivals status' change.   But I'm checking each alert anyway. 

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

Mine is detecting any changes on the page, so it's creating false alarms when other festivals status' change.   But I'm checking each alert anyway. 

Yeh same here. Was detecting other festival changes but not actually glastonbury stewards which was annoying. But should be fine now that it says "shop only" which I presume will change when a steward place appears, so sure my checker will pick up on it and I won't have to do so much manual checking this week

18 minutes ago, abiwish said:

Yeh same here. Was detecting other festival changes but not actually glastonbury stewards which was annoying. But should be fine now that it says "shop only" which I presume will change when a steward place appears, so sure my checker will pick up on it and I won't have to do so much manual checking this week

I'm pretty certain that the deadline for Shop applications is tomorrow, and so Glastonbury should go to "Sold Out" at that point - which should make it even clearer.

Thought I’d say as I haven’t seen them mentioned in the entire thread. The company that hires the car park stewards is called ctm (event traffic management) I worked with them at Glasto 2019, it’s payed work with a private campsite, proper showers and at least one day of the festival off. I’m not sure if they have any places left this year, but if anyone wanted to volunteer but hasn’t had any luck I thought I’d tell you all about their existence. It does require a £400 deposit though, and the shifts are 13 hours long, it can be brutal, but is still worth it.

1 hour ago, abiwish said:

Bagged an oxfam place last night!! Checked the page just before I went to sleep at about midnight and there it was! So chuffed.

Congratulations! 🙂

Brilliant news. 

I must admit I'd not been checking at night at I thought the office staff would add them on during office hours! 

You live and learn!

Have a fab time.

thanks so much @tarw @prestonmanc  @tj95 and @stuie. Can't wait to go back.

Got my fingers crossed for those of you still trying. I definitely recommend checking late at night if you can. I would have thought the same thing re. office hours but I was checking late anyway just in case, and the few times when I thought I saw a spot and then just missed out I think they were generally after office hours and often particularly late. Might also give you a leg-up over others using page monitors, if people aren't on their laptops at that time to get notifications! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, abiwish said:

thanks so much @tarw @prestonmanc  @tj95 and @stuie. Can't wait to go back.

Got my fingers crossed for those of you still trying. I definitely recommend checking late at night if you can. I would have thought the same thing re. office hours but I was checking late anyway just in case, and the few times when I thought I saw a spot and then just missed out I think they were generally after office hours and often particularly late. Might also give you a leg-up over others using page monitors, if people aren't on their laptops at that time to get notifications! 

Thank you! 

Glastonbury just changed from sold out to shop only again. 

One of these days haha 

2 hours ago, abiwish said:

Bagged an oxfam place last night!! Checked the page just before I went to sleep at about midnight and there it was! So chuffed.

Congrats! Seen your posts and been rooting for you. See you in the Oxfield 😄

3 hours ago, abiwish said:

Awesome news, I just booted up my laptop and noticed a page change, logged in as you and couldn't see Glastonbury so guessed you were sorted! Hooray!!!!

8 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Awesome news, I just booted up my laptop and noticed a page change, logged in as you and couldn't see Glastonbury so guessed you were sorted! Hooray!!!!

Ahh thank you so much for still checking for me!! So kind. 😄☺️ so glad all the work has paid off haha!!