Best way to get to worthy view if not driving

O'Doyle Rules

Hi all,

I am staying at Worthy View this year. My friends who were originally driving from London have a wedding on the weekend before in Wales so will be staying out west. 

What is the best/easiest way to get to worthy view if not driving? My plan was to get a train Tuesday morning and stay in an air bnb close by and have a pre-booked taxi take me to worthy view weds morning. Is there a town nearby which means any car doesn’t need to drive around the site (and avoid the traffic)?

thanks!

2 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

There is a suggestion on another thread that taxis cannot get up to WV. The closest they can get is about a mile away.

Thanks for this. Hmmm. We were thinking of buying a Car Park Pass to get it through. 

Just now, rubick said:

Thanks for this. Hmmm. We were thinking of buying a Car Park Pass to get it through. 

Thats a good idea, but at £52.50 is not a cheap idea! Taxi to B&W, Shuttle to Gate A, Shuttle to WV would probably take about an hour longer but would be free. Of course if you haven't got much stuff you can see if the taxi will drop you by the side of the road near Gate A but it is risky but I have seen it done, just need to watch out for the Police and Stewards.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rubick said:

Don’t know if that would work.  The roads to WV are narrow country roads and I think they are one way during the festival with the direction reversed for leaving. Then again the buses must have a route out, I might be wrong.   The one way allows traffic to enter WV from the Shepton and Glastonbury directions.I would certainly check with Worthy view, they have an e mail address for enquiries or consult the local council traffic management plan which appears on line nearer the festival.

or a taxi to the turn off on the A361 near West Pennard and walk from the main road, hopefully some kind soul will give you a lift to the site! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Don’t know if that would work.  The roads to WV are narrow country roads and I think they are one way during the festival with the direction reversed for leaving. Then again the buses must have a route out, I might be wrong.   The one way allows traffic to enter WV from the Shepton and Glastonbury directions.I would certainly check with Worthy view, they have an e mail address for enquiries or consult the local council traffic management plan which appears on line nearer the festival.

Thanks for this, much appreciated. Yeah we have the WV email and are waiting on a response, but I think it's looking B&W - Gate A - Worthy View. We're staying in Bristol overnight on the Tuesday (thanks to easyJet's extortionate flight fees from Belfast - Bristol Wed-Mon) so will have a clear run first thing in the morning all being well.