Jump to content

Wet Leg


MaxPower
 Share

Recommended Posts

Interesting fact, well maybe interesting, They are called wet leg because they come from the Isle  of Wight and a wet leg is the term the locals use for an island resident who has moved there from the mainland. Not a lot of folk know that, or did they? Or did they care? 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Interesting fact, well maybe interesting, They are called wet leg because they come from the Isle  of Wight and a wet leg is the term the locals use for an island resident who has moved there from the mainland. Not a lot of folk know that, or did they? Or did they care? 

Thanks for that. My daughter was wondering in a wider discussion about how bands got their names after I went to see Wet Leg on Tuesday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Interesting fact, well maybe interesting, They are called wet leg because they come from the Isle  of Wight and a wet leg is the term the locals use for an island resident who has moved there from the mainland. Not a lot of folk know that, or did they? Or did they care? 

I didn't know that. I have family on the Isle of Wight and visit frequently. Never heard that phrase used. I have often been referred to as a 'North Islander'.

I honestly thought that Wet Leg was another one of their poorly concealed entendres, referring to how aroused they were...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

I didn't know that. I have family on the Isle of Wight and visit frequently. Never heard that phrase used. I have often been referred to as a 'North Islander'.

I honestly thought that Wet Leg was another one of their poorly concealed entendres, referring to how aroused they were...

I suppose they could have been called Caulkheads.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Went to see them at Trinity Centre in Bristol on Thursday. 

Venue was packed and plenty online asking around for spare tickets. The crowd were very much up for it and having a great time and the band enjoyed it too. 20220421_212401.thumb.jpg.2046adcd423b0c5c322b364ef5072c32.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

Anybody know what time they are starting on this run of shows. Seeing them in London Tuesday night. 

Sounds like they play around 1 hour - so 9pm - 10pm?

This is what was published in Bristol last Thursday. 

Doors: 7:00pm

Honeyglaze: 8:00pm - 8:30pm

Wet Leg: 9:00pm - 9:50pm

Curfew: 11:00pm

When I was searching to see where the set times were publicised for the tour it seemed they were usually being put on twitter by the venue on the day - rather than by the band or on fb or the Web. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saw them last night in Camden. A good crowd for London with very few of the arms-folded type. They struggle to fill an hour with a few of the weaker tracks, but they will storm a 40-minute festival set. They all still seem to be a little taken aback at the attention but the confidence is growing.

Honeyglaze are talented too, but need to work a bit on the stagecraft.

Wetleg.jpg

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah had a good time and nice and active in the pit. 

Started a little slow and could barely hear the song Hester was on lead vocals, then the few new songs in the middle were a bit of a lull but past that everything went down very well.

Enjoyed Honeyglaze too. Interesting bassist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Wanderlei said:

Interesting to see what slot they get at Glasto. I probably won't see them because this sort of hype brings an irritatingly large crowd with people in it whom I'd wish not to stand near.

On the Park apparently so guessing third or fourth down for them, to an absolutely mammoth, right up the hill and can’t actually hear anything crowd. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

On the Park apparently so guessing third or fourth down for them, to an absolutely mammoth, right up the hill and can’t actually hear anything crowd. 

Yeah I'm really hoping there's someone I want to see on before them so I can get a spot and stay there for a while.

Confidence Man or Yard Act would do nicely.

Edited by Hugh Jass II
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will they ever add screens/more speakers to the Park? Got there relatively late for Idles in 2019 (after the previous band finished) and it was about as immersive as sitting in the garden while a neighbour has their radio on. I know 99% of sets there aren't that busy, and if I'd been desperate for a good spot I'd have turned up earlier, but still

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wanderlei said:

I probably won't see them because this sort of hype brings an irritatingly large crow

I'll probably swerve them for this exact reason.

I assumed they'd have been in JP - would've been electric in there! I hope it goes well for them and I can imagine it getting prime viewing on the BBC. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wanderlei said:

Interesting to see what slot they get at Glasto. I probably won't see them because this sort of hype brings an irritatingly large crowd with people in it whom I'd wish not to stand near.

this coupled with the live reviews I've heard means I'll be elsewhere.

interested to hear about honeyglaze though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...