Wet Leg

MaxPower

6 hours ago, sisco said:

What sort of position do we think they’ll be getting? Think they’re pretty low at other festivals such as IOW

(yep 5th down after Mae Muller on the 2nd stage)

Yeah John Peel most likely and packed to the gills. Wouldve been nice if they didnt have that saturday gig and could play 2 sets. Although it wouldnt shock me if they did a set at Crows Nest at 11pm. Most def performing for bbc on tele.

when it comes to how long they can sustain themselves its going to be somewhat hard. Mentioned it before but its been catering to older listeners and not younger ones in the states. Youre gonna need young fans to get on it with them and maybe get a song popping off via tik tock. Like I remember when Chvrches came along and they had a buzzy song and it stuck and now its almost been 10 years.

Edited by Suprefan

5 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah John Peel most likely and packed to the gills. Wouldve been nice if they didnt have that saturday gig and could play 2 sets. Although it wouldnt shock me if they did a set at Crows Nest at 11pm. Most def performing for bbc on tele.

when it comes to how long they can sustain themselves its going to be somewhat hard. Mentioned it before but its been catering to older listeners and not younger ones in the states. Youre gonna need young fans to get on it with them and maybe get a song popping off via tik tock. Like I remember when Chvrches came along and they had a buzzy song and it stuck and now its almost been 10 years.

I thought chaise longue got big from tick tock?

Thurs night Williams Green for me. Then Friday, probs JP.

Don't see them doing Crows Nest as not on heavenly or label friends of heavenly (afaik).

The album was broadly down before Chaise Lounge was released as they've been around for a bit. They were playing Ventnor fringe and IoW fest pre covid. The push has come because the label knew the album was decent and they had a banger in CL so it's not like many acts who have one big song and get signed off the back of that.

Their main issue problem is the way they've absolutely exploded. Wild ride and all that but unsustainable levels of hype.

But cringing later in life about loving them? No chance. CL is a stone cold indie banger that will be around for years.

6 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Thurs night Williams Green for me. Then Friday, probs JP.

Don't see them doing Crows Nest as not on heavenly or label friends of heavenly (afaik).

The album was broadly down before Chaise Lounge was released as they've been around for a bit. They were playing Ventnor fringe and IoW fest pre covid. The push has come because the label knew the album was decent and they had a banger in CL so it's not like many acts who have one big song and get signed off the back of that.

Their main issue problem is the way they've absolutely exploded. Wild ride and all that but unsustainable levels of hype.

But cringing later in life about loving them? No chance. CL is a stone cold indie banger that will be around for years.

Maybe early JP and later on in Leftfield

If they’re playing the next day I can’t see them doing a super late slot anywhere like SE Corner or Rabbit Hole, they don’t have enough of a political leaning for Leftfield, not Heavenly associated so unlikely for Crow’s Nest, not crusty enough for Strummerville.

Could maybe “headline” William’s Green Friday in that final slot before the main stages have their headliners, but I can’t see many other possibilities.

Listened through twice now, seem them live 4 times.  

I think the record's too long.  They could shave 3 songs off and the record would be a tight punch in the face.  

Also, I am shocked the song "Obvious" that they've been doing live didn't make the record! Maybe it wasn't done yet? 

How dreary must it be to not get caught up in the hype, to not get overexcited about a band that, yeah, in the greater scheme of things might not amount to much but right now, in April 2022 are having the ride of their fucking lives, banging out tunes and playing some over-excited live gigs? 

For me, it’s the essence of being a music fan, getting caught up in the thrill of the new, the now, the happening. I love it, and live for it. And the day it dies for me, and the day I get some perspective on it, is the day i turn into a tedious rock heritage bore. Fuck that.

Make me stupidly over-excited, then crush my dreams with a vaguely disappointing album and watch me come back for more. If the choice is that or a Pink fucking Floyd reunion, or one last Genesis tour, then I’ll see you down the front at Rough Trade East, getting a scrawled signed album from the next gang of adolescent hopefuls. 

Edited by Mardy
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 16

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Great result. That’s gonna be absolutely rammed, although I imagine they’ll be higher up the Park than they would’ve been John Peel so less likely I’ll get to see em. 

I’d imagine the same sort of position as idles when they were on their rise

On 4/9/2022 at 1:02 PM, Mark_safc said:

"Is your muffin buttered. Would you like us to assign someone to butter your muffin?"

Jesus wept...not sure how some catchy music and a load of innuendos got so many people foaming at the mouth. 

Sorry, but my guess is they are the next over hyped band and a lot of people will cringe later in life at how much they used to like them... 

Perhaps you’d be so kind as to provide a list of acts that we’re allowed to like without fear of future embarrassment?

Fucks sake

People calling out Wet Leg for a bit of innuendo, like that hasn't been a staple of popular music since, I dunno, oh yeah, hang on, AS LONG AS IT'S FUCKING EXISTED.

Blues songs are absolutely chockful of smutty innuendo, put some sugar in my bowl, grind my coffee etc etc,  Led Zeppelin, in one of their more execrable moments (in a whole career of them) singing about 'squeeze my lemon till the juice runs down my leg, baby', Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer where his 'Big Dipper' will 'open up your fruit cage where the fruit is as sweet as can be'.

But we can't have young girls doing it with a smile on their face, taking the piss. No, no, no, not proper music. Hurumph, harumph. Bollocks to that, says I.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 11