Wet Leg

MaxPower

1 hour ago, SighMo said:

May have imagined it but seem to remember seeing an old chaise longue up by the Stone Circle…..just a thought. Or could it be a repeat of the Green Door?

Lugging a velvet covered mahogany chaise longue all the way to the pyramid and then they don’t play the song would definitely trump shaky and the green door debacle 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think the best they could hope for is something like David Gray when Babylon broke through, he was booked on JP that year but also got a bonus mid-afternoon slot on Pyramid.  They've only just released their debut album, so any slot longer than 45 minutes is pie in the sky.  I think the only band who ever got booked for headline so early in their career were the Arctic Monkeys and they had been big on Myspace (remember that?) for ages so had more than an album's worth of material knocking about.

I would be in favour of a Shangri-la micro venue with a load of chaise longues playing chaise longue all night, like the shrinel Richie did a few years back. Call it the Chez long.

Managed to get in the tent and see them at Latitude last year. Owing to COVID, they must have missed those early formative gigs as no-bodies and  went straight to audiences who knew the words religiously to (at least) one of their songs. I can imagine that to be a bit overwhelming/ surprising. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, barcelonista1899 said:

I would be in favour of a Shangri-la micro venue with a load of chaise longues playing chaise longue all night, like the shrinel Richie did a few years back. Call it the Chez long.

Managed to get in the tent and see them at Latitude last year. Owing to COVID, they must have missed those early formative gigs as no-bodies and  went straight to audiences who knew the words religiously to (at least) one of their songs. I can imagine that to be a bit overwhelming/ surprising. 

100% this - I’d be there. Make it a karaoke venue with a house band and a wheel of fortune. Each person performing spins the wheel to give the band a genre and again for a style on which to sing it. 
Reggae chaise longue sung in the style of Ian Dury please. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

100% this - I’d be there. Make it a karaoke venue with a house band and a wheel of fortune. Each person performing spins the wheel to give the band a genre and again for a style on which to sing it. 
Reggae chaise longue sung in the style of Ian Dury please. 

I'd like to see/hear Elvana's version.

judging by replies on here and reactions elsewhere to the band wherever stage they play on it will be rammed. Their appeal is wide ranging, even a more open minded veteran glasto goer (sounds better than an old fart) like myself finds it extremely likeable.  Over the next few months pre festival their stock will continue to rise. Park or JP. 

"Is your muffin buttered. Would you like us to assign someone to butter your muffin?"

Jesus wept...not sure how some catchy music and a load of innuendos got so many people foaming at the mouth. 

Sorry, but my guess is they are the next over hyped band and a lot of people will cringe later in life at how much they used to like them... 

1 hour ago, Mark_safc said:

"Is your muffin buttered. Would you like us to assign someone to butter your muffin?"

Jesus wept...not sure how some catchy music and a load of innuendos got so many people foaming at the mouth. 

Sorry, but my guess is they are the next over hyped band and a lot of people will cringe later in life at how much they used to like them... 

It’s already cool and alt not to enjoy Wet Leg. You’re part of the same cycle. We all are. 

• Like 1