Best Gate???

Starscreenbass

I used to like Party Gate, it was fun until the Tories adopted it. 

There is no rules for gates, I've had massive queues at both, and walked straight through at both. It is as unpredictable as the Glastonbury micro-climate

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

I like Watergate. The ultimate scandal that defined the scandal naming convention 

One of my little pet peeves is gate being added to the end of things when a scandal occurs. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Starscreenbass said:

I’m a creature of habit. We usually get to the festival around about 11ish on the Wednesday and always camp in Pylon Ground as it’s close to gate A. We always end up in the pink car parks (around about 57).

In 2019 the queue for gate A was quite big and various people were telling us to go to Gate D as there was hardly any queue there……..

but I always go through gate A and pylon ground is right there…..what do I do??? These gate D praising people could be lying so we head to gate D and they can jump straight into an empty gate A queue!!!

I obviously chose to stay at my favourite gate and not chance this new magical (and quite frankly, scary gate D!)

2 hours later we finally get to our preferred camping spot and start to set up next to one of the guys who had told us to use gate D……he had been there ages!

As we are getting close to the festival and the choice of gates is coming up I think we need to start thinking about the choices we make…..anyone else got a favourite gate?

Last year we saw the queue at gate A and trekked to gate D and walked straight in. The trek was grim though - but I suppose we’d have made the same journey within the gates.

I'll never forget coming through Gate A many moons ago and they took my mate's mag-lite off him during a routine search because they thought it was large enough to be used as a weapon.

No matter how much we argued the toss that it was a f**kin torch the security were proper helmets about it and it was worth a fair bit.

Never had that issue with Gate C therefore Gate C is obviously the best.

5 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I'll never forget coming through Gate A many moons ago and they took my mate's mag-lite off him during a routine search because they thought it was large enough to be used as a weapon.

No matter how much we argued the toss that it was a f**kin torch the security were proper helmets about it and it was worth a fair bit.

Never had that issue with Gate C therefore Gate C is obviously the best.

That's why security guards used to like big maglites, as they could be used as a weapon but weren't classed as such.

They were probably just nicking it for their own use.