Can you keep a secret?

Scrump

Ok.. so not a glasto veteran (I'm working on it though!)but am I right in saying the festival is full of hidden gems and best kept secrets?

If I am right I'd love to hear about people's favourite hidden spots/stages/bars/food stalls.

BUT! There's nothing worse than ruining a secret so can you describe in a few lines what makes it magic without giving it away! If possible pictures would be amazing!

Wish I had my own to share to kick things off but don't.... Yet!

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

Apparently last time people started talking about actually secret bars* on places like this they got shut down by the next festival. 

*Unknown to the festival or local licensing authority

I know of one place such as this so, yes, it happens. 

Shhhhh 😎

2 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Apparently last time people started talking about actually secret bars* on places like this they got shut down by the next festival. 

I think reading about something like this on the pub crawl thread a few days ago is what gave me the idea for the OP.  Certainly don't want to part of blowing the cover anything!

It’s a pity those places just shut down, rather than just moving to a new secret location. Always assumed that would be the done thing every year or two.

It’s high time that places like the piano bar found a new spot as a way of keeping themselves more illusive…nowadays it’s more a case of how many hours are you prepared to queue.

8 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Haha no way, talked about on here?

On 4/3/2022 at 9:16 PM, offmytrolley said:

I'll get to this one day, just need to convince the rest of my group!

Do it! Even if without the rest of your group. You won't regret it! 

On 4/3/2022 at 4:52 PM, Avalon_Fields said:

I absolutely love this place. I once saw a Tibetan monks singing group perform here, for that alone I return to explore some more. Plus good tea & cakes.

BA1F8F83-A592-4C32-B8B1-CC08CCE23A3C.jpeg

oh i've been searching for this tent since we aimlessly wandered into it on the Thursday night 2019! we were already suitably wonky and then we enter to a full 10 minute didgeridoo solo, was a fantastic time

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/3/2022 at 4:52 PM, Avalon_Fields said:

I absolutely love this place. I once saw a Tibetan monks singing group perform here, for that alone I return to explore some more. Plus good tea & cakes.

BA1F8F83-A592-4C32-B8B1-CC08CCE23A3C.jpeg

Yes absolutely love Small World, spent many a joyful late evening sat around their braziers listening to wonderful sounds. Such lovely people running the place too. And the amazing world-beat dj-ing of the Lizard tent not far away if feeling energetic!