Fun after dark

MarcoPolo

On 4/1/2022 at 10:09 PM, AlDee said:

My go to is the Glade area (Glade Lounge ran on slightly later (til 3am ish maybe?) than main Glade stage if my vague memory serves me well! 

Stonebridge Bar in The Park may be an alternative too depending on lineup - fantastic memories of a smashing Bicep set there early hours of Sunday morning in 2017 

Yea agree with these, also right opposite the Glade literally 50yards away is the Spike Bar. Stunning little  venue, built in amongst the trees and branches, just look for the biggest disco ball in the world. I saw Mik Artistik here last time followed by some thumping d&b, just perfect.

2 hours ago, vardyvarvar said:

Does anyone know of any bars/tents that play cheese music late night? When Mrs VVV has a few ciders that’s all she wants.

I seem to remember an epic BAR (think just called BAR) near the bandstand/williams green and they often played some cheese in there during the day which was always good fun.

Williams Green tent has indie disco and cheesy sing along stuff most nights after the bands have done and (I think) goes on until 3am.  We were there 3 out of 5 nights in 2019 and it was great fun.

9 minutes ago, Staff_Sav said:

Silver Hayes often has a silent Disco with 3 DJs playing different channels, it’s fucking brilliant singing your heart out to the tunes, then turning around to see your mate singing to something else.

Is this the same people who did the Park silent disco just in a different place? Same vibe?

The Park silent disco was a great laugh.  There was a Dutch guy in there one night DJing the maddest Euro Pop i've ever heard.  Including one song he introduced saying was about a guy who's dog died and he was angry about it.  Mental.

55 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Williams Green tent has indie disco and cheesy sing along stuff most nights after the bands have done and (I think) goes on until 3am.

Sounds perfect. Cheers mate! If I remember rightly this place also did frozen margarita’s and they were incredibly good.

38 minutes ago, LoraMaze said:

I always love a stroll around the craft fields at night, all the candles in paper bags lighting the pathways is magical!

I camp in Green crew camping and I love that my walk home is lit by those beautiful paper bag candles. Pure magic!

• Like 1

You can go to the silent discos or go to the various bars where they play the same music you’ll hear in a pub when you’re out on a normal Saturday night at home. This is what my group always end up doing and I think it’s a waste. I can go to a silent disco any Saturday night of the year so when I’m at glasto I want something different so I always ditch them and head for the SEC. They aren’t into the underground stuff in the same way I am so each to their own I suppose. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/19/2022 at 7:07 PM, vardyvarvar said:

Does anyone know of any bars/tents that play cheese music late night? When Mrs VVV has a few ciders that’s all she wants.

I seem to remember an epic BAR (think just called BAR) near the bandstand/williams green and they often played some cheese in there during the day which was always good fun.

William’s Green usually have club nights, usually Guilty Pleasures (usually Thursday night), Club De Fromage & Button Down Disco (plus a Northern Soul night). Also there’s Wheel of Misfortune every night in Cabaret Field. 

5 hours ago, Baby On A Stick said:

William’s Green usually have club nights, usually Guilty Pleasures (usually Thursday night), Club De Fromage & Button Down Disco (plus a Northern Soul night). Also there’s Wheel of Misfortune every night in Cabaret Field.

Club de Fromage is exactly what it says on the box.  One of my highlights each year, it's great fun. Songs to dance to, Power ballads to sing to. Complete mixed bag of music from pop, to indie bangers to Retro which a crew of characters on the stage doing all sorts of nonsense. I've seen them play everything from Celine Dion to Three Lions to the Baywatch Theme. 

• Like 1

Not sure if I’m doing the reply to comment above correctly about the silent disco,

not sure if it’s the same as the one at the park. Tbh I can’t remember if I actually went to the silent disco at 2019, so if that’s what you are referring to it could be the same one just moved up the hill.

On 5/19/2022 at 9:52 PM, CrystalPalace said:

Is this the same people who did the Park silent disco just in a different place? Same vibe?

not sure if it’s the same as the one at the park. Tbh I can’t remember if I actually went to the silent disco at 2019, so if that’s what you are referring to it could be the same one just moved up the hill.