Album of the Month - March 22

Brave Sir Robin

17 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

1. Mattiel - Georgia Gothic

2. Aldous Harding - Warm Chris

3. Boo Radleys - Keep on with falling 

Mysterines & Placebo may have been in with a shout, but I haven't listened to much in March due to feeling like shit with covid.

I'd missed the fact there was a new Mattiel album. Love her voice, will need to check it out.

1. Binker & Moses - Feeding the Machine

2. Nia Archives - Forbidden Feelingz

3. Wallows - Tell Me That It's Over

Also quite enjoyed Peach Pit, Aldous Harding and Mysterines, but doubt any of these are going to be vying for AOTY.

Trust me to choose to do this thread the one month there's no clear stand out and we get votes for about 100 different albums!

Also, you're supposed to be voting for 3 albums. I'm not going to be as hardline as @dentalplan about it, but if you only vote for one that's only going to count the same as a 3rd choice vote. Listen to more new music people! 

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

29 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Also, you're supposed to be voting for 3 albums. I'm not going to be as hardline as @dentalplan about it, but if you only vote for one that's only going to count the same as a 3rd choice vote. Listen to more new music people! 

My other purchases this month were albums from 1971, 1973 and 2014. I ain't got time for all this new schizzle!

• Upvote 1

Results

No agonising over the first of our top 5, joint 4th with 7 points is the 3rd album of indie pop from 23-year old British-Turkish singer-songwriter Nilüfer Yanya, it’s 'Painless'.

Tied with Ms Yanya is South Floridian rap iconoclast Denzel Curry with something that sounds painful, ‘Melt My Eyez See Your Future’.

As you might well say to a friend with weed, 'Never Let Me Go', which is Placebo’s 8th album, is joint 2nd with 9 points.

Brian's bunch tie with the debut from delightfully droll Irish singer-songwriter Ciara Mary-Alice Thompson (yes, that's where it comes from), ‘If My Wife New I’d Be Dead’.

First place this month is no mystery, leaving the opposition reeling, it's The Mysterines debut album 'Reeling'. They were a 'Strong Rumour' for Glastonbury 2020 (I think they'd told people they were playing), and there must be a fair chance we’ll see them this year.

• Upvote 1

So this means our albums of the year so far are:

Black Country, New Road - Ants From Up There (51 pts)

Frank Turner - FTHC (19)

The Mysterines - Reeling (18)

Big Thief - Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe In You (14)

CMAT - If My Wife New I'd Be Dead (9)

Placebo - Never Let Me Go (9)

+ 3 from Jan (@Hugh Jass II did you do Jan scores? I can't find them on a quick search)

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

So this means our albums of the year so far are:

Black Country, New Road - Ants From Up There (51 pts)

Frank Turner - FTHC (19)

The Mysterines - Reeling (18)

Big Thief - Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe In You (14)

CMAT - If My Wife New I'd Be Dead (9)

Placebo - Never Let Me Go (9)

+ 3 from Jan (@Hugh Jass II did you do Jan scores? I can't find them on a quick search)

Erm…. I may have forgotten to.

I’m pretty sure I delegated it to @Quark so blame him.

Let’s just assume Yard Act won.