Brothers is the Official Cider Of Glastonbury Festival 2022

Gacheezbo

Mallets = Thatchers = probably this new festival cider = strongbow (not dark fruits I’m not an animal!)

very much my opinion, not having a go at anyone, but apple cider at 5% all basically tastes the same to me. Brothers 7% pear shit is horrible if you put a flavour in it or not.

love you all can’t wait for this festival 

I'm definitely in the Thatchers camp although I will give this "new" Brothers release a try, hopefully it's not a rebrand of Mallets as that wasn't the best, bought plenty of cases of that trying to win tickets for 2019.

I'll be buying a case over the next couple of weeks so I'm happy to pass on any codes to those still needing a ticket.

Wonder how much we are looking at a pint?  I've seen gigs and event venues charging £7+ a pint.

2 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

LIES

SHOW ME! I've seen that it existed... but was probably a one-off 

4 minutes ago, Spiritdesire said:

Haha. I’m sure I picked some up from B&M a few years ago. Quick google there says that Waitrose stocks it. 

Quite the contrast!

Actually sorry it looks like what I was looking at is from 2017 🤦‍♀️
Hopefully it’s out there somewhere!

17 hours ago, pilton digger said:

Son number 1 worked at the cider mill seasonally for a few years. This was pre-Showerings but not much seems to have changed. They make the concentrate and stick it in jaggy great tanks. Those tanks provided the concentrate for Magners, Strongbow and others. All the same stuff. I would be willing to bet a small amount of vegetables that Brothers and Mallets are pretty similar......

And frankly a bit shit.

I used to play rugby with Sam Showering. Also played against him when i won the Butleigh sevens. 

18 hours ago, Barneym said:

Mallets = Thatchers = probably this new festival cider = strongbow (not dark fruits I’m not an animal!)

very much my opinion, not having a go at anyone, but apple cider at 5% all basically tastes the same to me. Brothers 7% pear shit is horrible if you put a flavour in it or not.

love you all can’t wait for this festival 

I'm with you. All this stuff about Thatchers Gold being significantly different to Mallets or Brothers or Strongbow is piffle. They're all inoffensive mass market ciders made with some apple juice and tons of industrially produced sugar. And Katy's not much better either.

It's not that a fizzy 5% cider has to be bland, it's just that they usually are.

I'm sure Brothers will be cold, fizzy, sweet and alcohol and I'll drink several pints. But I'll enjoy the bag of Black Dragon that I bring with me much more:

https://gwyntcidershop.com/collections/draught-ciders-perries/products/black-dragon-10ltr

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, the beadle said:

Will there be any real non fizzy cider? No, thought not except perhaps in the Acoustic field.

At the Burrow Hill Cider Bus for definite. If the Thatchers craft cider tents are there again then you'll get some there, people don't seem to think they will though.