Brothers is the Official Cider Of Glastonbury Festival 2022

Gacheezbo

27 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

The one mistake I make every year, and will almost certainly forget to avoid this year, is being tempted by novelty Brothers flavours...

"Oooh, rhubarb and custard" I think... Followed by "arrrgh! It's awful!" 30 seconds later followed still by half an hour me glumly trying to force it down before giving up and getting something else...

Got to say I still like the Toffee Apple one, though I do prefer it in bottles than the syrup into pear they do at the festival. Rhubarb and Custard I've only had in bottles and I enjoyed it. Can't have more than one or two of any of them though.

I'm hoping the apple doesn't have the same effect, otherwise I'm down to zero drinks on the main bars!

17 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

‘Festival Apple’? I hope this doesn’t affect the availability of the ‘Festival Strength’ pear in West Holts, a daily pint of which is an essential part of Glasto.

I had the same thought.  We're good though - 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

Interesting. Strange that the descriptions of both are exactly the same if they are different!

After looking into it, even though they have nearly the same name, this Festival Apple Cider might be different to the Festival Apple Still Cider I've had.

Would be weird if it had a distinctly un-Brothers taste though, so who knows.

10 minutes ago, Simpo said:

After looking into it, even though they have nearly the same name, this Festival Apple Cider might be different to the Festival Apple Still Cider I've had.

Would be weird if it had a distinctly un-Brothers taste though, so who knows.

Was that the one from the carton?
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/293673411

"A refreshing, still, medium dry apple cider made from the juiciest bittersweet apples we could get our hands on. Full of flavour and perfect for enjoying with friends. Serve chilled over ice."

Same description there as well but with 'still' at the front. Also it's still but slightly higher ABV at 5.5%. Maybe it is the same but the carbonation process makes it taste different and lose some ABV?

56 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

Pretty sure this is just Mallets rebranded...

Brothers Festival Apple
https://brotherscider.co.uk/products/festival-apple-cider-440ml-20pk

Mallets Original
https://brotherscider.co.uk/products/mallets-original-cider

Both are 5% ABV as well.

bG6EqSXMA9Es.gif.d3622063379521d462ee061cfd4115f6.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Pretty sure Brothers have always had an apple cider at about 5% - and then they've released a souped-up 7.5% 'festival' version over the summer. I imagine this is a rebranding of the former and discontinuation of the later. 

No idea what either of them taste like in comparison to Mallets because I've never had it. 

8 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Pretty sure Brothers have always had an apple cider at about 5% - and then they've released a souped-up 7.5% 'festival' version over the summer. I imagine this is a rebranding of the former and discontinuation of the later. 

No idea what either of them taste like in comparison to Mallets because I've never had it. 

7% cider is a pear cider, not an apple cider.

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m definitely in team Thatchers. I do love a bit of Katy. If they make a canned version of it I’ll be happy

Went to the Railway Inn at Sandford last weekend and they had it on Draft.  Absolutely savage.

Very much team Thatchers too, what happened to the deal they had back in 2013/14 was it? The craft cider tent was good. 

Son number 1 worked at the cider mill seasonally for a few years. This was pre-Showerings but not much seems to have changed. They make the concentrate and stick it in jaggy great tanks. Those tanks provided the concentrate for Magners, Strongbow and others. All the same stuff. I would be willing to bet a small amount of vegetables that Brothers and Mallets are pretty similar......

And frankly a bit shit.

• Upvote 1