Brothers is the Official Cider Of Glastonbury Festival 2022

Gacheezbo

22 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Am I the only one disappointed by this?

Thatchers > anything that Brothers cider produce...

Word mate.  Brothers is like children's sweets melted down into alcoholic torture.  absolutely rank.

• Upvote 1

The one mistake I make every year, and will almost certainly forget to avoid this year, is being tempted by novelty Brothers flavours...

"Oooh, rhubarb and custard" I think... Followed by "arrrgh! It's awful!" 30 seconds later followed still by half an hour me glumly trying to force it down before giving up and getting something else...

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

The one mistake I make every year, and will almost certainly forget to avoid this year, is being tempted by novelty Brothers flavours...

"Oooh, rhubarb and custard" I think... Followed by "arrrgh! It's awful!" 30 seconds later followed still by half an hour me glumly trying to force it down before giving up and getting something else...

Strawberry > Everything else 

Pretty sure this is just Mallets rebranded...

Brothers Festival Apple
https://brotherscider.co.uk/products/festival-apple-cider-440ml-20pk

Made by 4 brothers in Somerset. Brothers Festival Apple is the Official Cider of Glastonbury Festival. Festival Apple is a refreshing, medium dry cider made from the juiciest bittersweet Somerset apples. Full of flavour & perfect for enjoying with friends.

Mallets Original
https://brotherscider.co.uk/products/mallets-original-cider

A thirst quenching medium dry apple cider forged from the juice of freshly pressed bittersweet apples selected from our Somerset orchards.

Both are 5% ABV as well.

Edited by Dukeicon

No, Brothers Festival Apple Cider is an existing product, that I enjoy. It is not the same as Malletts cider, which I tried in order to ensure their Glastonbury 2019 competition, (and all I won was this most t shirt) which I didn't enjoy.

I had a couple of cartons of the Brothers stuff on the coach down, the last time I was at the festival in 2017. It looked more like a carton of juice than any kind of alcohol, so I know even a strict coach driver wouldn't notice.

So yes, this is proper Brothers gorgeous sweet stuff.

Edit: I say that. But what I had was their festival apple still cider.. You'd think it'd have the same basic taste thought right?

Edited by Simpo

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

It’s a yearly tradition to get one of those and then halfway through be trying to offload it to somebody else in my group.

30 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

Traditional Brothers Cider is made from Pears but doesn't use Perry Pears, so isn't a Perry but a Pear Cider.

This sentence has reminded me vividly of this Stewart Lee Sketch, which I can't figure out how to embed. 

https://dai.ly/x2hxdg0

Edited by Ingobernable

9 minutes ago, Simpo said:

No, Brothers Festival Apple Cider is an existing product, that I enjoy. It is not the same as Malletts cider, which I tried in order to ensure their Glastonbury 2019 competition, (and all I won was this most t shirt) which I didn't enjoy.

I had a couple of cartons of the Brothers stuff on the coach down, the last time I was at the festival in 2017. It looked more like a carton of juice than any kind of alcohol, so I know even a strict coach driver wouldn't notice.

So yes, this is proper Brothers gorgeous sweet stuff.

Interesting. Strange that the descriptions of both are exactly the same if they are different!