Glastonbury Festival Good Pub Guide

croiz

Ey up all,

I had a search and couldn't find any thread similar to this...

What's your favourite bar(s)/pub(s), and why? Photos welcome too! I'd like to visit a few more this year...

For me it's the Cockmill (but I can't find any photos I've taken). Great beer selection. Very easy to drift in and out from the acoustic tent. Never seen it too rammed and has a chilled 'edge of the site' vibe similar to Strummerville.

20 minutes ago, Mark_safc said:

Probably a bit of a boring choice but when it's hot...I love a sit down around West Holts with a cider from the Brothers bar.

Tsk...surely the boring choice would be sitting at Mandela waiting for the next act on the Pyramid and yes I have done that numerous times.

6 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

I have compared the overhead maps from 2016 and 2019 and it looks like there is a bar in the place where Rock the Kasbah was both years. so fingers crossed it hasn't gone, unless it has been replaced by something else

Kasbah has gone sadly. Memories of dancing on a table to Busted 1.30am are long gone....I think there is a bar there but it's not the same

Yes I liked the bustle around the Beat Hotel in the day, plus you could get a pint of San Miguel as treat after having to endure several pints of Carlsberg. It will be interesting to see what they do but I can’t imagine it will be drastically different, I’d imagine they’d want a similar sign for people to sit in and climb all over for a start. 

1 hour ago, paulshane said:

Upstairs at the Avalon Inn on the wednesday, watching the site fill up. Marvelous stuff 🙂

DSCN3801.JPG

Yeah, this! We had an amazing 2-3 hours upstairs on the Thursday (I think) last time, whichever day was really hot. Wasn't planned, but we managed to get a table, the air rising upwards cooled us, and just drank & laughed the whole time.