Your Most Visited Stage

CurrySauce

46 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Haven't seen it mentioned yet but I think I have spent more time in The Cabaret Tent than anywhere else.

Guess I really am a weirdo then? 

Nowt weird about that. It's rarely a 'must-see' place for me, but it's always a great place to hang out if there's nothing on that 'floats your boat' music-wise. See also Circus stage.

9 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Nowt weird about that. It's rarely a 'must-see' place for me, but it's always a great place to hang out if there's nothing on that 'floats your boat' music-wise. See also Circus stage.

I used to enjoy starting the day with Marcus Brigstock doing Early Edition in the Comedy Tent. The morning after  Jacko died was pretty special.

You think I can remember well enough to telly up numbers?! I can't remember breakfast! I do know that as much as I try to go elsewhere, Pyramid will be the one. 8 festivals and only 3 headliners were not on the biggest stage (Kool and the Gang over Beyonce, Massive Attack over Kasabian and LCD over Coldplay)

Nonetheless I like the idea of this challenge - partly as I would love a complete list of acts I've ever seen. Will give it a go and report back!

Edited by Beaver89
correction

There's no way I'll remember everything I was at, but as a general rule I often find myself at West Holts, Park or Pyramid.

I'll rarely be at Other - for some reason the stage does little for me. I've never been to JP.

Edited by kalifire

11 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

And I have a vague recollection of watching somebody in the green fields in 2019 but no idea who or which stage

That just reminded me, in the Green Futures area there are some awesome stages. I've seen some great stuff at the Mandala and Small World stages.

swwest holts been hanging out there since rtfhe early 90s.

rarely get to the park, its too much of a walk, started walking there in the steaming heat in a recent year, and then the heat was too much for the wife and we gave up.

hope to get there this year, i'll drive myself there on my lazy scooter.

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

Rarely get to the park, its too much of a walk, started walking there in the steaming heat in a recent year, and then the heat was too much for the wife and we gave up.

hope to get there this year, i'll drive myself there on my lazy scooter.

Well that's one advantage of having the scooter then

Before I checked out the numbers I'd have guessed West Holts and The Pyramid but apparently I spend way more time at The Other than I thought.

Numbers going back to 2010 only including main stages at which I've seen more than 5 acts:

West Holts 32

Other 30

Pyramid 26

The Park 17

William's Green 13

Glade 12

John Peel 7

Avalon 6

Park would be at the top of the list for me, probably followed by west holts, other then pyramid - Im guessing though, I do have lists somewhere of who Ive seen and where though - but that involves admin work to pull together 😄

Just now, pauladam said:

Park would be at the top of the list for me, probably followed by west holts, other then pyramid - Im guessing though, I do have lists somewhere of who Ive seen and where though - but that involves admin work to pull together 😄

I forgot about JP - that would probably slot in between west holts and other for me!

1 hour ago, Neil said:

oddly i've seen quite a few pyramid acts in recent years, that's the wife's fault.

I actually think they've also been making an effort to get a pretty diverse bunch of stuff on there so if you were one of those people who just stays by the Pyramid Stage in recent years you'd probably have seen a decent range of stuff. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I actually think they've also been making an effort to get a pretty diverse bunch of stuff on there so if you were one of those people who just stays by the Pyramid Stage in recent years you'd probably have seen a decent range of stuff. 

I think there's a certain level of snobbery towards El Pointo. There is a tiny minority who view never going there as some sort of badge of honour.

Fact remains it is literally the best place on the planet to watch an act smash it. 

Yeah, lot of truth in that. I like to think of myself as "not really a Pyramid kind of guy", but over the last few years, some of the most memorable sets I've seen have been there, Vampire Weekend, Patti Smith and Stormzy are real standouts in recent memory. 

Patti Smith, in particular was fantastic, and worked perfectly there, sounding out that message to the masses mid afternoon, not just preaching to the converted on a smaller stage.

Edited by Mardy

4 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Yeah, lot of truth in that. I like to think of myself as "not really a Pyramid kind of guy", but over the last few years, some of the most memorable sets I've seen have been there, Vampire Weekend, Patti Smith and Stormzy are real standouts in recent memory. 

Patti Smith, in particular was fantastic, and worked perfectly there, sounding out that message to the masses mid afternoon, not just preaching to the converted on a smaller stage.

yeah patti was great, the warm up act for god, it doesn't get any better.