Your Most Visited Stage

CurrySauce

Chat on another thread and work procrastination got me thinking where do I spend most of my time main stage wise?

I've always considered west holts and Park as my favourite areas but actually when I went over previous clashfinders I found I spend far more time watching bands at the big two. I've been going since 2014 and my numbers came out 

Other 18

Pyramid 17

John peel 12

Park 6

West holts 4

I think my music tastes have expanded over the 8 years as I didn't actually see a band on West Holts til my 3rd festival! 

If you're bored, give it a go. It's also fun seeing where some of your favourite acts were years ago. There were people opening the park that I had no idea existed that would be a must see now and probably be subbing other if they played. 

• Upvote 1

Quite easy to find from Clashfinder, if you highlighted what you (think you) saw.

You can just click data and export the highlights to xls.  You can then add a pivottable to add the totals, in case anyone else wants to do it from theirs -  https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/excel/3209-excel-count-word-frequency-in-column.html

Acoustic Stage 1
Arcadia's Pangea 1
Babylon Uprising 1
BBC Music Introducing 1
Glade 2
Glasto Latino 1
Greenpeace Stage 3
John Peel Stage 1
Left Field 1
Other Stage 4
Pussy Parlure 1
Pyramid Stage 3
Stonebridge 1
The Park Stage 2
The Rocket Lounge 1
West Holts Stage 5
William's Green 6

Arcadia 1
Avalon Café Stage 2
Avalon Stage 1
Glade 2
John Peel Stage 1
Left Field 2
Other Stage 1
Pyramid Stage 5
The Park Stage 2
West Holts Stage 5
William's Green 3

Arcadia 1
Cabaret 1
John Peel Stage 1
Left Field 1
Other Stage 1
Pussy Parlure 1
Pyramid Stage 7
The Cave 1
The Park Stage 3
The Rocket Lounge 1
The Spike 1
West Holts Stage 6
William's Green 1

Edited by clarkete

7 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

I heard a rumour that there won't be an Avalon Cafe or Glade stage this year, and that Silver Hayes will be pared back - all in the name of saving money. No idea if it's accurate info though, just what I heard.

iff that were even remotly true, you'd think they would have mentioned it on twitter: https://twitter.com/gladeareaglasto

4 minutes ago, paulshane said:

iff that were even remotly true, you'd think they would have mentioned it on twitter: https://twitter.com/gladeareaglasto

I can’t see it being true either.  If they are cutting things to balance the books there’s a hundred other things they’d cancel first. 

And Glasto aren’t in the same boat as other festivals who sold their tickets at a fixed price in 2020. 

Tallied mine up by looking at my photos since 2010. Probably a fair few missing, particularly from 2016 when I didn't take many photos compared to normal. I've probably also seen loads more where I've plonked myself down by a bandstand, in Avalon Cafe etc. and just watched whatever came up.

Surprised just how many times I've been to my winner.

Pyramid - 39
Avalon - 24
Other - 20
West Holts - 12
Avalon Cafe - 10
JP - 10
Leftfield & Bandstand - 8
Park - 6
Acoustic, CN Bandstand, Hell - all 4
Small World - 3
WG, Glade, BBC Intro, Rumshack, Rocket Lounge, Bimble Inn, Gully - all 2
Various stages that are no longer there or I don't recognise - 12
Cabaret/T&C - Didn't bother counting up but bloody loads. 

Took a while to work out. Numbers are based purely on sets I definitely remember being at…and I only included the bigger stages. Might delve deeper into my memory at some point.

Other: 97 (34%)

Pyramid: 77 (27%)

The Park: 41 (14%)

New Bands/John Peel: 36 (13%)

Jazz World/One World/West Holts: 20 (7%)

Queens Head/Williams Green: 13 (4%)

Dance Village: 3 (1%)

Edited by dogeggs